FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with SG4K100130 since update

smhsmh
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

I have suffered the same problems as a lot of subscribers since the firmware update to SG4K100130. I have overcome the issues by using a Netgear router that solved all the problems. Unfortunately that router has now failed and I need to sort out the talktalk hub. I am unsure if this hub will need a firmware update or replacement as posts on the form seem to differ in solutions. Please advise. Regards smhsmh

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi smhsmh

I'm so glad to hear this. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie

The automotive machines can now connect / update from the manufacturers servers. SkyQ can now download cinema / catchup programs. This firmware does appear to have fixed the issues. Internet speed is just as good as it was, see attachment.

Thank you for your prompt replies and the fix for this.

Regards

smhsmh

Message 3 of 9

Hi smhsmh

Thanks for your reply.

The firmware has been updated, please can you let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

Message 4 of 9

Hi Debbie

This afternoon is fine, anytime. The router is connected & on.

Regards

smhsmh

Message 5 of 9

Hi smhsmh

Ok, I can try a different firmware version. Will it be ok if I do this this afternoon?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks 

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Debbie / Skynet_TX

Just to let you know the router upgraded the firmware overnight to  SG4K100136 but the problems remain. I would say I have no problems with general internet access and speed. I am on Gfast 150 and get a full speed stable connection.

I have some automotive diagnostic machines which apparently connect via VPN for updates / usage but these will not connect. (connected via wireless). With the Netgear router connected I have no connection / download problems at all.

Also I cannot download any skyQ movies or catchup episodes. (Connected by ethernet).

Regards

smhsmh

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi smhsmh

Can I just check, what issues are you experiencing with the connection?

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @smhsmh,

Can you clarify what problems you have with the Sagemcom using firmware SG4K100130 ?. I'm personally on a slightly newer version of firmware (SG4K100136) and have no issues.

Several customers did have issues with VPN connectivity when using the newer Sagemcom firmware, is that what you were having issues with ?, as if so the support team here on the community could change you to a different version of firmware that should get around the VPN issues.