FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cant connect to this network" message with new router but old one works

SROGERS91189
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I requested a new router from TalkTalk after continuing to have issues with my connection.

My existing router device version is: FAST 5364-3.T8 (Sagemcom)

New router device version is: DG8041W-2.T5 (Huawei)

The new router seems to connect with all my devices with the exception of my laptop that gives me the following message: "Cant connect to this network". But no explanation. I've followed all the guides online to no avail. Nothing seems to fix the issue. A major issue since it's the laptop I use for work. The laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 2 13 and only has 2.4ghz reception.

Consequently, I've plugged the old router back in and everything is working fine. Pretty frustrating but I feel as if I'll need to send the new router back.

Let me know if you can help. Thanks,

Kind regards,

Steve

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Steve

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you tried factory resetting the new router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

It would be worth trying this and then splitting the SSID's again?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

SROGERS91189
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

It is already split. That didnt help. I'll add my details now.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @SROGERS91189,

If your laptop only supports 2.4GHz then you could try splitting the SSIDs on your router to give the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi networks different names, this might help the laptop with connecting specifically to the 2.4GHz network.

When logging into your router to do this you could also double check that it is showing that the 2.4GHz network is switched on and working.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.