FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"There may be a small delay..." / "Broadband service not enabled"

daleyo
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Hi there,

Recently we moved house and yesterday (21st) was the go-live date for our new line and new package.

The Openreach engineer installed our new line but said there may be a fault between the telegraph pole and the fibre cabinet, and that BT would have to follow up if that was the case, but to plug our hardware in anyway and see if the link comes up over the next few days

I plugged in the modem and surprisingly I actually got a solid DSL light straight away, and it turns out I can actually ping Google from my machine in the terminal, which says to me that there is a working line and connection.

However, when I try to access any web pages through a browser, I get redirected to an error page saying "Broadband service not enabled. Contact provider for activation date."

Later on in the evening I got the "There may be a small delay in getting you set up" email but no explanation.

Is this something that can be resolved at TalkTalk's end? Do I need to do anything?

Also, FYI I am still using a separate BT Openreach separate modem and router as we never received anything newer (we've been with TalkTalk for years now). But surely this shouldn't affect anything as it's been working fine before the move.

Any advice appreciated!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Dale

Apologies for the delay.

I have replied to your Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7
Hi,

I just received a text:

"TalkTalk Order Update: We're going to call you on Friday 28th February 2020 between 8AM - 10AM, about your order."

What are we going to talk about, and why do I need to wait until Friday?

Like I say, I have my equipment connected, with all the right lights on, but I just get the "contact your provider for an activation date" message when I try to visit a site.

I would like this sorted before the weekend really, we've been offline for some time now.

Cheers,
-Dale
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Debbie,

No problem - I've replied with all the requested information.

Cheers,

-Dale

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Dale

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Yes, the number in my profile is up to date. This is the number I requested to be kept when moving from the old house to the new house.

Many thanks,

-Dale

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi daleyo

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, is the telephone number in your Community Profile the number for your new address? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes