FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router blocking vpn

robhansel
First Timer
Message 14 of 14

hi

We have had a service with you for around 5 years, and 3 weeks ago we experienced a block on my wife's work vpn.

We made an initial call and got referred back to our IT departments as talktalk checks stated that there were no issues and everything was fine.

We have had our work IT departments check and there is no issue with our work laptop.

The VPN works at other people wifi's including cafes and other domestic.

Details are

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

version SG4K100136

hardware version FAST5364 3.00

software version SG4K100136

VPN configured is PPTP

The wifi works fine on all our devices, and through further investigation your community posts have lots of records of this issue with customers receiving an alternative router.

I have rung many times and chatted with your online team and have been promised x3 call back on
Friday to Sunday 20-22   all arranged by talk talk  (I have the texts from talk talk) and all have been missed.

I finally had a successful 4th call back and we received a new sage com router today. Our access to VPN is still blocked.
Can someone help us resolve this, does the new router need a firmware update? Please help....

R Hansel
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Rob

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

0 Likes

robhansel
First Timer
Message 2 of 14

Hi 

it all works now

thank you

Michelle

R Hansel

Message 3 of 14
0 Likes

robhansel
First Timer
Message 4 of 14

thank you i will do that now - do you mean just swithch it off and then back on again?

R Hansel

Message 5 of 14

Hi Rob

All done 🙂

Please can you power down the router and then retest once the router is switched back on.

Please don't factory reset the router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi Rob

Apologies, I'm having some issues updating the FW. 

I will keep trying this and confirm once the router firmware has updated. Please can you leave the router switched on without being rebooted.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

yes thank you

R Hansel
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Rob

Thank you. I will post back to confirm once the firmware has updated.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

robhansel
First Timer
Message 9 of 14

hi, thanks Debbie, yep thats fine, the router is switched on and wont be switched off, please message if you need us to do anything elseor call the landline, thanks

R Hansel
0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi robhansel

Will it be ok if I start the update at 9am today?

0 Likes

robhansel
First Timer
Message 11 of 14

hi Debbie, thanks for getting back to us so quick,  anytime convenient for you, the router can always be switched on, evening is best though, but we can do daytime if needs be. Let me know a time. Thank you

R Hansel
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 14

Hi robhansel

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I will need to make a change to your router firmware, when would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW, this should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Sorry that you have had problems with this, the support team here can help. You should get response tommorow.