FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router drops connection every night at 12-1am and light begins flashing

dannykebab
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

Hi every night my router drops connection about 12-1am and the light starts flashing. the disconnect doesnt last long and after 30 seconds or so the light goes solid white again please can somebody investigate this problem as it is very annoying

11 REPLIES 11

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 12

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and I can only see 1 re-connection on the line. Can I just confirm, are you using HomeSafe/KidSafe? Do you have any devices set on a timer to come on/off around the same time that this happens? Is the voice service affected at the same time?

Thanks

0 Likes

deasson58
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 12

Talktalk is scanning your profile and resetting your overall speed..will bet your speed drops a min of 2mbps within a few days!!

Danny Easson (Victim of Speed)
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

added my number cheers

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi dannykebab

Please add your home number to your 'Community Profile' . If unsure of the number, you can dial 17070 from your home phone.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Fuzzrab
First Timer
Message 5 of 12

@martswain Thanks for the info. Have changed the settings. So hopefully don't get this from now on. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 12

@dannykebab, personal information details must never be displayed in the public thread.

You just need to check that they are saved correctly in the profile area. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email" choose Personal Information and check that the landline number is correct and matches both the number in your account and the number that is read back if you dial 17070 from your landline. 

If it differs, put that in Private Notes at the end of the Personal Information section.  SAVE CHANGES. 

Karl is unlikely to reply over the weekend. Check back on Monday. 

I've moved your duplicate post out of the way.

@Fuzzrab, please start your own thread, if you haven't yet done so. You need to return to the message board and click on "start a topic". Staff only reply to the original poster. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 12

@dannykebab Please check the number on your personal profile and amend as appropriate, you should never post such information on the public forums. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi karl when i log into my account the number displayed is as follows: XXXXX

NUMBER REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 12

Hi dannykebab

Can you check the home phone number on your profile is correct, I'm not finding a service with that number.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 10 of 12

@dannykebab  and @Fuzzrab 

Sounds like the infamous HOMEWORK TIME glitch.

Go to your Homesafe settings and check.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-use-HomeSafe/ta-p/2205196

Fuzzrab
First Timer
Message 11 of 12

I have the same problem. Not every night for me thankfully but at least every 4 odd days. It'd be nice to get an answer to this. Though my connection usually drops for the whole hour. Router reset/resart doesn't do anything. 

0 Likes