FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router not not delivered and service cannot start as planned due to cable issues

foxivan
Participant
Message 33 of 33

hi there, i wonder if there any ways getting into direct contact of customer service? my router was delivered as scheduled and yodel confirmed that will return to sender.   and  openreach engineer said they need to replace the old cable and causing me not able to start the service as planned, even when I have my own router ready. 

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 1 of 33

Hi foxivan,

Apologies for the delay.

I'll take a look into this, have sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 2 of 33

hi Michelle, want to confirm if the message i received from TalkTalk are actually auto compensation or not? If it as actually the auto compensation amount, why are you counting the delay as only 3 days? instead of the actual 20 days?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 33

Morning,

I've included our Auto Compensation Policy below,

News about your auto compensation - there is currently an industry wide delay paying auto compensation  to some customers. This includes delayed installations and total loss of service repairs. Payments will still be made automatically however they are likely to be later  than the 30 day limit. We'd like to apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

About your auto compensation credit

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 33

I'll re-escalate this thread for staff attention,  @foxivan.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 33

received message from TalkTalk on 18 Oct, why are you only counting a delay of only 3 days, while my originally planned go live date is 7 Sep, and actual go live date is 27 Sep? 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 33

It takes at least a month to process, @foxivan.

You'll see that there are delays, which means it will take longer than usual. 

It's a separate department that process it.

It's processed from when it was resolved,  so that they can calculate the delay etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 33

hi Debbie, may I get the auto compensation mentioned by Chris then? so far haven't heard anything yet. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 33

Hi foxivan

I'm so glad to hear this. Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 33

hi Chris, just want to give you an quick update that Openreach finally complete the installation today and i can start using the broadband now. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 33

Hi foxivan,

I'm sorry about this, please see About auto compensation

Chris

0 Likes

foxivan
Participant
Message 11 of 33

hi Chris, the first monthly bill was charged today , for a service which is not yet live and unable to confirm the exact date yet. besides, I am spending more money for a mobile plan , shouldn't I get a waiver or compensation? 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 33

Hi foxivan,

The latest update from Openreach yesterday afternoon says "This message confirms the required contractor works have been completed and Openreach will now review the fault status."

I'm sorry it's taking so long but hopefully it will be resolved soon

Chris

Message 13 of 33

Hi Chris, openreach visited me on 21 Sep as scheduled, and hope it was the same engineer who was supposed to finish the installation on 7 Sep.  He said he would help to try to complete the scaffolding and installation this week. yet so far, as of today, still no news yet.  I hope your side also received the feedback from openreach and help to expediate.  please understand my frustration and get it done asap. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 33
0 Likes

Message 15 of 33

Thanks Chris. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 33

I've booked the appointment for September 20 2021, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

foxivan
Participant
Message 17 of 33

Am or pm both fine for me, pls arrange the earliest day possible.

0 Likes

foxivan
Participant
Message 18 of 33

Yes, pls arrange asap

0 Likes

Message 19 of 33

Hi foxivan,

Our Order management team and network team have taken a look at this and we are going to need to treat this as a fault and arrange an engineer visit, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

•  

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 33

OK thanks. I've passed this over to our Order Management team, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes