FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router randomly disconnecting

LHunter
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

Hello, 

For most of this year now we've been having issues with our internet connection dropping out and needing to switch the router off for 20-30mins in order for it to come back. This happens 2-3 times a week minimum now. 

This often seems to be triggered when switching between devices in the house, e.g. I can be using the internet just fine upstairs on the computer, then shut that down and straight away open up my laptop to use that and the connection will be gone and I'll need to turn the router off and on.

Other times it will be the same device that does it e.g., I can be on my laptop downstairs and all's fine, then close it down and go upstairs to carry on using it and in that short time the internet will be down. 

If I use 4g on my phone to check the connection on the talktalk site it never shows any issues for some reason, so I don't know if it's just some weird problem with the router - a ' Sagemcom FAST 5364-3. T8'.

Plus, I don't know if it's related, but for a few years now we get issues gaming online with sudden lag spikes and other issues with latency and slow download speeds - but that does fluctuate and appears fairly random.

Anyway, the main issue is the random drop outs as it's becoming quite frustrating when working from home. 

Really appreciate any help you can give! Thanks in advance, 

Lorraine.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Lovely, thanks Karl!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

Router and returns bag are on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Michelle, that would be great, thank you! 

Lorraine

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Would you like us to send a Huawei Wifi Hub for testing purposes to see how this compares? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes