FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router

harveycatt
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 6

Its getting quite ridicules' now!

My Father is getting at least two letters from TalkTalk a week saying he must use the router sent to him otherwise he  could get cut off!

Its up to him what router he uses.

It even states you can use whatever router you want on the TalkTalk website!

Please stop bombarding him with these letters as he is in his 80's and its causing him worry

harveycatt
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

When you place an upgrade order, a new router is only sent if your current router is not fibre compatible.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

harveycatt
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 6

Thank you for this info.

On a personal note, I myself upgraded to Fibre 65 a few weeks ago but I haven't received a new router?

harveycatt
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

As this is a free migration to fibre, our teams send out a fibre compatible router, and when connected, this is flagged and an upgrade added to the schedule list.  If the expected router is not connected then no upgrade is scheduled, but the customer can call and discuss upgrade options separately.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

harveycatt
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 6

But what is this got to do with what router he uses?

The router he is using is top quality!

harveycatt
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

The internet will not be cut off, but no upgrade will go ahead. 

Openreach will eventually close down all old copper lines at some point in the future so we cannot guarantee that there will always be a working line in the future.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes