FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sagecom router reboots on its own

M0FCG
Chat Champion
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

For a few weeks now our Sagcom router has been rebooting its self and we've had times when the router won't pick up any wifi stuff in the house, this is our 2nd Sagcom router it's getting bad now twice today my wife's laptop as lost the wifi then I look my mobile is off my sons ps4's are off.

We had a period where each morning from 2 am to 3 am our router would go off reboot go off and reboot all by its self maybe 5 times, this made it worse when I and my sons were gaming as we get penalized.

My wife is working from home and without wifi, she might be out of work, but TalkTalk did not bother all they want is paying each month, I've said this loads of times when my contract is up we are gone to virgin, been with TalkTalk 16 years. fed up now, the wifi signal is not strong at all no matter what channel you put it on, the only way to get the signal back for my wife is to do a reboot.

The other thing the on/off button won't stay on I've had to slide a piece of plastic to keep it on

so we reboot inside the router.

advice, please?

wive works 7 days a week for a local college so needs wifi HELP PLEASE!

Mike
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi,

Apologies for the delay, I've just posted on your other topic this morning.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Our router is rubbish to night its been playing  up very slow internet Conntions from you i use external ones and its slow here's the version of the router Firmware Version: SG4K10002816t

we Have got no more routers to try. my wife starts work at home from at 7 am and will be working with students on skype  and when the internot not working the only way she can get back on his reset the router.

PLEASE HELP US as this issue as been going on too long, ive got the chats we had with talk talk and its been a good year so either fix it or we go some where else where we can get good service.

m0fcg mike 

Mike
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 13

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay. We've just tried to update the router firmware now, however I can't see if the firmware has updated as I can't connect to the router. Could you check and confirm what version of firmware is currently on the router please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi, i think weve had all your routers that you make, just getting fed up now no answer to why the internet goes off , i put a router log up so you could see whats going off no body as come back to tell me anything, only shove more routers at us. either fix it or i will report you to ofcom as we pay too much as it is and nothing works.

Mike
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 13

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would you like us to send the Huawei wifi hub instead to see how this compares?

Thanks

Message 6 of 13
Hi same router as the other two routers I've had sagecom, I left our log picture of what we get I've been told it's not right.
Mike
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 13

Hi M0FCG,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is the replacement router a different make and model than the original router?

Thanks

Message 8 of 13

Hi well so far the router has re booted twice sat night early morning 2am and Monday morning reboot, I posted a picture of the router log on here, my wife was working down stairs in our kitchen and she had to reset router twice as the WiFi was rubbish to her new lap top from work, and lost her work, frustrating.

We are at a loss why the router reboots and why the router wi fi is rubbish. 

Need answers. Mike M0FCG 

Mike
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

hi,router arrived next day and was fitted OK, i refitted everything wires power plug, everything was OK until early hours of Sunday morning at 01.52 the router decided to reboot again and did this about three times, I've visions of a talk talk worker saying lets have some fun lets switch this guy off.

the other thing is when my wife connected to the router after a while it kicked her off the only way she could get it to see her lap top was to reset the router which is not right, we will never get a great speed on the router if she keeps doing this all the time, this worries me as she is the main worker in our house working from home trying to help her college students through there exams, I'm not going to go out and buy a Wi Fi box to connect to your router as its not very good my wife is about 30 ft away from the router the router is high up and her signal on the laptop is 2 bars. I've looked on the internet trying to find a way that she can work with out losing her wi-fi but at a loss on what to do now.

help please below is from my router log may be you can tell me whats going off and how to solve it please ?ROUTER LOG.jpg

Mike
0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi M0FCG

Apologies for this.

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 11 of 13
Hi, my wife's laptop having problems too, for over a week now her laptop as not been able to see the WiFi on our sagecom router, my son who also has laptop has the same issue, only way for both laptops to get WiFi is reboot in router software, its a huge pain as my wife works from home for our local college 6 days a week, and with out WiFi she won't have a job!
Thanks for sending us a new router hope it fixes both problems. Mike M0FCG
Mike
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi M0FCG

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie