FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sky q disconnects from eero FTTP

awalker125
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I got FTTP installed a couple of weeks ago hoping it would help with connection stability. Since then my internet connection has never dropped but my sky q main box and mini keep losing connection to the router. When this happens all my other devices can connect and I can get to the internet.

The only way I can get them back online is to reset and re enter the password on the sky q settings page.

I tried the suggestions in here (except LAN connection as my router is in the other corner of the room)

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/eero-Support-Articles/SkyQ-connection-issues-when-using-eero/ta-...

It doesnt seem to have made any difference. Has anyone seen this and solved it?

Does FTTP only work with eero? Are there any other routers that do not have this issue. Some reddit forums suggest the problem is that sky q implements a mesh in a proprietary way which causes some problems with DHCP.

I would guess lots of customers main use case is sky q...

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

We will keep fingers crossed here for you also 🙂

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

awalker125
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 4

I had a look on the support part of the app and couldnt see anything related.

I've set static IPs on the sky q and miniboxes and its been a full 24 hours since it lost connection. Fingers crossed thats fixed it

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

FTTP can be used with a router instead of an Eero device. Have you tried the Eero support via the App.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes