FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow internet/broadband speeds

Callum6598
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I have noticed that my download and upload speeds have been really really slow in comparison to what I usually have.

I often peak at downlaod of 28MB/s and upload of around 4MB/s but today I have had a maximum download of 7MB/s and upload of around 1.5MB/s. 

I have reset and restarted the router several times, ran multiple speed tests and been into the router settings themselves to see these speeds. 

These speeds are affecting my 2.4 and 5GHz channels and also my ethernet connection.

I have used TalkTalk's service center which detects no errors on my line and no downtime in my area.

Any advice on what can be done?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi Callum6598

I'm sorry for the delay.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

If you need help from TT staff,  @Callum6598, they require you to complete your community forum profile details. Please click on the link supplied by @Skynet_TX, so that this is completed by the time staff reach your thread. 

Even if you don't need this followed up just now, it will come in useful for the future!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I have tried powering down for 30 minutes and unfortunately it did not work.

We also dont have a test socket to use.

However we have an engineer coming out shortly to see if they can sort it.

Thank you @Skynet_TX 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Callum6598,

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can sometimes help it reconnect at a better speed.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.