FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speed from router to device

Adriana4
Participant
Message 32 of 32

Can anyone help me with that? I am experiencing  low speed from few days ago now. I've tried everything. People from the chat were doing the tests but nothing helped and the chat was just ending in the middle of the conversation. 

Adriana
0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 1 of 32

Hi Adriana4

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Adriana4
Participant
Message 2 of 32

@Michelle-TalkTalk  The engineer visit would be great. Please, make an appointment. I am not using any adapters. Unfortunately, I can not dial it from my phone as I don't get anything else than a router. So even if I have it within my package, I didn't get any phone or tv box. 

Adriana
0 Likes

Message 3 of 32

Hello,

Ideally it would need to be a wired test. As everything looks ok from here would you like us to arrange a TalkTalk Engineer Visit to visit so that they can run some checks in the property, including some wired speed tests? Can I also just confirm if you're using any powerline adapters? Can you also dial 17070 from your home phone and confirm if the correct telephone number is read back please as this will rule out a possible crossed line. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Adriana4
Participant
Message 4 of 32

The only device connected wired is my tv. Can I do it on wireless device? @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Adriana
0 Likes

Message 5 of 32

Hello,

Thank you. This still looks really low based upon the current sync speed. Please can you run a wired pings and trace routes and post the results into the thread.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

0 Likes

Adriana4
Participant
Message 6 of 32

@Debbie-TalkTalk  I just run a speed check on wired device and the results are as follow: 8.5 Mbps Average Download Speed and 0.7 Mbps Average Upload Speed

Adriana
0 Likes

Message 7 of 32

Hi Adriana4

Can you run a wired speed on any device?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Adriana4
Participant
Message 8 of 32

I was on wireless. Just checked on my phone, the results are as follow: 6.8 Mbps-average download speed and 3.7Mbps average upload speed. 

Just also checked on my laptop (also wireless), the results are as follow: 6.6Mbps-average download speed and 3.6Mbps-average upload speed.

Adriana
0 Likes

Message 9 of 32

Hi Adriana4

Was this on a wired device and have you tested a different device?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Adriana4
Participant
Message 10 of 32

hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

You can see the results above. Also, which router should I send back to you? Do think the engineer appointment is the next thing we need to do?

Adriana
0 Likes

Adriana4
Participant
Message 11 of 32

@Debbie-TalkTalk 

I shut the power down but the results are similar. (see the attachment)

Adriana
0 Likes

Message 12 of 32
0 Likes

Adriana4
Participant
Message 13 of 32

yes @Debbie-TalkTalk . Will get back to you in 30mins. 

Adriana

Message 14 of 32

Hi Adriana4

Please can you power down the new router for 30 minutes also, this will start a new session.

Debbie

Adriana4
Participant
Message 15 of 32

Good afternoon @Debbie-TalkTalk 

New router just came in. I did everything as in the instruction and run the speed check. The results are similar to those before. (see attachment) 

Adriana
0 Likes

Message 16 of 32
0 Likes

Adriana4
Participant
Message 17 of 32

@Debbie-TalkTalk  Thank you. I will be back after I checked new one. 

Adriana

Message 18 of 32

Hi Adriana4

You usually receive a text message.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Adriana4
Participant
Message 19 of 32

@Debbie-TalkTalk  Thanks a lot! Will I get any email with confirmation that new router is on its way?

Adriana
0 Likes

Message 20 of 32

Hi Adriana4

No problem 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes