FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speed, internet cut off, packet loss

rasiux84
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi. For about 2 months now I have got a problem with my internet connection. Download and upload speed jump up and down during the day, there is constant packet loss on top of it internet drops down randomly during the day sometimes 10 times an hour.
It's extremely hard to get any assistance on live chat or phone since all I'm being told is that "we ran a test and we do not see any issues on a line". I got 4! visits of engineers during a month 2 of them are from Openreach and 2 are from TalkTalk.
Openreach engineer changed some cables outside the house that fixed a problem for a day. During the first visit, the TalkTalk engineer told me that there is a known issue in the local exchange. After that point, my patience ran out and I decided to cancel my contract with TalkTalk.
The same old story there, everyone is blaming someone else. I was transferred from one department to another. No help, just rude and scripted answers from the TalkTalk support team. At the end of the day, I was being told TalkTalk requires 28 days to fix the issue.
I have got another visit from the TalkTalk engineer today. They continued to play hot potato and ruled out that problem with Openreach and we require another bt engineer. At this point, all I want is to cancel my contract. I obviously do not wanna pay the cancellation fee since I am not having a service, I pay for. Is there anyone who can help me with that, without getting me into a vicious circle of having another engineer, having a scripted chat with customer service? I just want to LEAVE TalkTalk as fast as I can WITHOUT paying a fee since TalkTalk cannot fulfill their part of a contract.
Thank you.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi rasiux84

I'm really sorry to hear this.

To cancel your service you would need to contact our Loyalty Team by phone.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @rasiux84,

It would probably be best phoning up and speaking to the Loyalty team. You can speak to them by calling 0345 172 0046 and asking for Loyalty.

0 Likes