FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speeds after Broadband fault

skippy70
Team Player
Message 26 of 26

We had no broadband one day last week for most of the day & talktalk sent an engineer to the exchange its working again now but my speed is allover the place & has dropped dramatically also getting high pings when doing speed tests usual speeds are about 58  had no problems in all the time i have been with talk talk but cant even watch youtube without it stuttering could someone look into this please for me 

router is HG 633

cant see anything different in the router sats

Up
Connection status:
Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Interleaved
DSL up-time:
0 days 18 hours 14 minutes 27 seconds

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

test onetest one

0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

Thanks for getting back to me, hope you're feeling better

Can you please run a couple of speed tests at lest 10 minutes apart on the My Account speed checker on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router (can you try to make sure that no other devices/applications accessing the internet at the time)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

sorry i havent answered till now but i have been poorly so not been on the speeds have been varying between 3 - 18 but 18 has been the fastest,I have tested both wireless & wired.just tested again & it was 6MB down

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 24 of 26

Hi skippy70,

How are you getting on, are you still experience the poor performance? Do you experience the poor performance on devices connected to your router by Ethernet cable (if you have any)?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 25 of 26

You are getting a downstream line rate of 57M, which is way more than enough to watch any youtube video. What sort of speed test results do you get on wired or wireless connections?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes