FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slower speeds after upgrade to Fibre 65

harveycatt
Conversation Starter
Message 27 of 27

Can anyone else from Talk Talk help!!
I am going crazy here!
I upgraded from Fibre 35 to Fibre 65 a few days ago.
Ever since I upgraded to Fibre 65 my internet speed has dropped!
With Fibre 35 I was getting around 40mbps, then I upgraded.
With Fibre 65 the fastest speed I have got is 31mbps.

I have been on the web chat for ages but nothing has been resolved.
I have also spent 2 hours talking to Talk Talk on Twitter and once again nothing has been resolved.
The man I was speaking to on Twitter just said to downgrade back to Fibre 35 and accept compensation!

I have spent an age checking everything they ask, like my router, cables, lines etc etc and they keep asking the same questions all the time when they know nothing is wrong with my set up.

Compensation is nice but I want the speed I am paying for with Fibre 65.  65-67mbps.

I upgraded because I need faster download and upload speeds for work purposes.

Its a shambles! 

Is there anyone else here from TalkTalk that can help please before I switch companies for good?

please help!!

harveycatt
26 REPLIES 26

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 27

The billing team is short staffed on here, @harveycatt, at the moment. You could post a new topic on that board,  but it could take a few days to get a reply. 

Automatic compensation is not available for speed issues,  just complete loss of service. 

Details here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

You could try phoning 03451 720046  or use Chst, after 9am. Link on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

It takes 30 days at least to process after the issue is resolved. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

harveycatt
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 27

Yes the home phone is now working and so is the broadband.
How do I contact your billing team?

Also when I do contact them will they know all about the issues of my case without me having to explain it yet again?
Thanks

harveycatt
0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hi @harveycatt

Please reply directly in this thread. PM's are not monitored, and replying here will keep the conversation linear so all our staff can follow the conversation and reply.

Is the home phone working now or is there no dial tone ?

Tests are clear and I can see the broadband connected and in sync at 59mb.

For any compensation issues, If you chat with our billing teams when the issue is fully resolved they can look at adjusting the bill for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 27

@Karl-TalkTalk I see you were exchanging PMs with the OP a few days back, have you perhaps missed the latest one? 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 27

@harveycatt, staff only correspond by PM for specific purposes and, as mentioned earlier, please don't use this for ongoing communication. It swamps their workloads and gets in the way of responding to other customers. 

I'll re-escalate your thread again, and it should receive a follow up in due course on here.

0 Likes

harveycatt
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 27

Hi Karl,

Please can you reply to my pm please?
Thanks

harveycatt
0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

@harveycatt wrote:

I use various speed tests.

I know what speeds I was getting!!

Did you log into the router and check the actual sync speed?

As previously advised, Fibre35 is capped at 40Mbps. It should be impossible to connect at faster than that on that package.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 27

Staff are unlikely to reply before Monday, @harveycatt. Best not to PM them unless asked to for specific information etc.

0 Likes

harveycatt
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 27

Karl, please could you look at my pm to you , Thanks you

harveycatt
0 Likes

stevenhazell
First Timer
Message 10 of 27

have the same issue here .I was on fibre 35 and had major internet issues with it down for nearly 2 weeks then a speed of 2 to 3 meg for another 2 weeks .After 3 engineer visits to ensure my set up was not faulty (which it wasnt) they finally sorted it out.

Was going to leave to go to BT but they offered me 5 free months as compensation and fibre 65 at £20 a month on a 12 month contract

My speed is only just near the 40 meg mark and nowhere near the guaranteed  minimum of 50 as per the contract

cant even seem to find live chat on my login page so going to have to call them again

I think i may just ditch them and pay for a proper service from a competitor

0 Likes

harveycatt
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 27

I use various speed tests.

I know what speeds I was getting!!

harveycatt
0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Sorry @harveycatt , impossible !

The sync speed on Fibre35 is limited as @AllyM said.

You must have been using a dodgy speed test !

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

@harveycatt wrote:

I beg to differ, when i was on fibre 35 my speeds were always around 45mb

No chance.

As @martswain says, Fibre35 is limited at 40/10 (download/upload speed), Fibre65 is limited at 80/20

0 Likes

harveycatt
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 27

I beg to differ, when i was on fibre 35 my speeds were always around 45mb

harveycatt
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 15 of 27

@harveycatt , it is impossible to get speeds of "well over 40" on Fibre 35 as you quoted in post #7 !

The maximum on that product is 40 down, 10 up.

0 Likes

harveycatt
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 27

Thanks for your help Karl, I have sent you a pm

harveycatt
0 Likes

harveycatt
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 27

FAO Karl

Karl I have sent you a pm.  Please could you read it asap please. Thanks

harveycatt
0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Hi

I've replied to your PM 🙂

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

harveycatt
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 27

Karl, I have sent you a pm

harveycatt
0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hi, 

The next option is to arrange an engineer to look into this for you.

I'll drop you a PM to confirm some details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes