FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed dropped

anoyed
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 4

i have a sagem 5364 on fast fiber with speed boost just before Christmas noticed speed was creeping down in leaps and bounds decides to do full reset and fit new filters made no difference im in the test socket no noise on the line i have also noticed the 5ghz on wifi has become really low and so has the 2.4 scanned next doors wifi nothing has changed nothing in my house has changed router hasn't been moved the only thing that seems to have changed is the firmware for router since that was upgraded wifi speeds have took a real hit  i used to get download speeds of 59 to 60 mpbs now only get 39mpbs with upload speed of 17mpbs is there any way of at least getting it back to where it was

Screenshot_20200102_114446_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200102_104825_com.android.chrome.jpg

dave
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi anoyed,

Your speeds appear to have dropped because DLM moved you to a slower profile which could be the result of the potential fault

I've raised this to Openreach as a non-appointed task. We should receive an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4
as long as I aint paying thats fine but still doesnt explain why the wifi is crap since the firmware upgrade
dave
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi anoyed,

I'm sorry to hear this. Unfortunately we can't roll the firmware back, however I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Are you happy for me to pass this over to Openreach for further investigation?

Thanks