FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speeds below estimated

j campy
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

previously had sync speeds of around 16-17mb for a long time had connection issues last year and speeds has never gone back to what they used to be

dont suppose you have the ability to request a dlm reset without a engineer visit yet?

adslctl info --stats
adslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Last Retrain Reason: 0
Last initialization procedure status: 0
Max: Upstream rate = 2347 Kbps, Downstream rate = 16259 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 2347 Kbps, Downstream rate = 13096 Kbps
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile: Profile 17a
TPS-TC: PTM Mode(0x0)
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 7.6 6.3
Attn(dB): 27.4 0.0
Pwr(dBm): 10.3 6.9

this is even at the previous spends far below the estimate from bt

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean)

VDSL Range B (Impacted)

27.51853.315.8AvailableAvailable
26.915.74.92.911.4AvailableAvailable
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

We can arrange an engineer but cannot guarantee they would replace the drop wire or that they would see any issues with the service so it is a risk, but will do this if you accept that.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

j campy
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 7

estimated speeds are 13-24 mb

bt enginer "fixed" aka botched the drop wire several years ago as he couldnt be bothed to replace it his own words

it conected to the master socket currently but dont have a phone or any internal wiring conected to the line and its identical conected to the test socket (even down to the hlog and bitloading graphs)

https://imgur.com/Vmv6gam

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that. If the drop wire appears to be faulty then we can raise this as an appointed engineer visit and add a note asking them to check the drop wire. Do you know what the predicted speed range is for you line, including the guaranteed minimum?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

im not wasting time on a bt enginer as they never actualy do a proper job the last one i had 5 years ago found a bad drop wire but couldnt be bothed to replace so cut a inch out of and and joined it back together

then the one befor that came to sort an issue with broadbad dropping out if the phone was used found a issue in the cabinet then btor passed the charges for the vist on to me claiming it was a router fault

and there no point using the test socket or checking internal wiring as i have none nor it it a router fault as the talk talk routers are using about 1mb slower then my own

it needs bt to replace the 30+ year old wiring but that will never happen as it would effect there massive profit margins

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Morning,

Unfortunately we can't manually reset DLM from here. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @j campy,

TalkTalk can't do DLM resets for Fibre connection themselves, they can only be performed by Openreach, and they will only do it as part of a engineer callout.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem).

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes