FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync speed high but slow d.l speeds

nolimitzz
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 7

Hi having some issues with my connection for around a week, before that I always got a constant 30-32 meg download speed when running a wired or wireless speed test and my router always synched at 34ish keg. But since a week although my router still synchs at 34 meg when running speed tests u get erratic speeds from 11 meg to 17 Meg even though the router is synched at 34... Ive tried all the checks plz can you look into this. I've tried microfilters ect but the speeds are erratic despite being stable up until July... I've tried changing wireless channel but nothing changes

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi nolimitzz

Can I just check, have you recently tested with both the Sagemcom and Huawei WiFi Hub?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 7

Hi I turned off the router as the speeds were too low so started using my mobile WiFi... The issue isn't with the sync speed I sync at around 33meg or over but when I run a wired or wireless speed test it shows as between 11 meg to 17 meg even though I always got 30+ meg speeds right up until last week when I was running tests. Plz see attached screenshots

Unfortunately I don't have another router to test with, can you check and possibly push through the latest firmware update for my current router??

Also if an alternative router is provided for testing plz can you send the Huawei hub the one I have currently or something even better

It won't let me add the screenshot but router was in sync at 33m4 meg download but speed test shows 11meg speed when in the past it would always be over 30

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

Tests are clear, but I can see no router in sync, can you confirm the router is left on and connected ?

Have you access to another router for testing ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 4 of 7

In that case, I'll ask the OCEs to investigate for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7
Yes both are equally slow varying by around 0.5 meg
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Are the wired speed tests slow in addition to the wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?