FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talking to an actual technical person at TalkTalk

ann-E
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

How do you actually speak to TalkTalk Tech Support rather than the very generic FAQ's that don't really answer anything but the simplest issues.

A couple of months ago we upgraded to a Fibre65 contract, however doing speed tests today, we are getting 2.62Mb download and 3.12Mb upload. I have never seen upload faster than download on any other service. We have done all the standard checks, the router is connected directly to the master socket in the house, there are NO other connections to the master socket. The router's WAN connection is VDSL which suggests it is using an FTTC connection, but 2Mb is NOT an FTTC speed, its a poor ADSL speed. The downstream noise and attenuation are both reported by the router as a three times the uploadstream noise and attenuation, so it points to an issue with the line itself. However there is no way to report this to TalkTalk that I can find apart from this forum. During the switch to FTTC on the line it was off for serveral days, came on and was then off again for several days. It all points to a BT line issue, if I only there was a way of reporting it. The 'line test' function doesn't log an issue if there is a connection and the speed test seems quite happy with 2Mb download even though its sold as a 65Mb service.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi ann-E

This fault is now showing assigned to an engineer this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi ann-E

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineers, no updates have been provided at the moment.

I will check on this fault again later this afternoon for any additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ann-E
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 15

Is there any update on the non-appointed BT engineer ? The speed is still the same and we have not received any updates from anyone to say something is being done. I understand you are not in control of BT ( not sure anyone is) but a timescale on investigating the issue would be helpful.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi

I've logged this out to BT Openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

No issues. Voice connection is working and has no noise on the line that can be heard.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

@ann-E 

The main number is used here to identify your account.

The alternative contact number can be used by any appointed engineer to contact you during a visit, especially useful when a customer has a landline fault.

If they have to work externally on the line, they can keep in touch on the alternative.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 15

Hi ann,

I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? If the voice service is ok then please let us know and we can raise the broadband issue over to Openreach for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

@ann-E, the Talktalk landline number in your community forum profile details is essential for staff to identify your account. 

Please leave it in place!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 9 of 15

Hi,

Not sure why they ask for an alternative contact number to be set in the profile if its never needed or used. No problem them replying to the ticket, but why ask for information that is not actually needed. f we now remove this information will we be asked to add it again, I know you don't have the answer, but maybe someone from talktalk can clarify this.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

@ann-E 

There is no telephone support from forum staff, all replies will be here in this topic.

If you wish to call support the number is 0345 172 0046/0088

Opening hours are here along with the link to Live Chat

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

profile updated. If you need to speak to anyone please call the alternative contact number, which is my son who understands all the technical stuff in my message. Thank you

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 15

Hi ann-E,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 15

You can contact TalkTalk by phone on 0345 172 0046, or by using Live chat, opening hours are shown here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300 

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you it will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @ann-E,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.