FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talktalk mesh options.

enajin
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

About a year ago switched from broadband with talktalk to faster fibre 150 again from talktalk, came bundled with an eero 6 router, loved the interface but range was dreadful, worse than the broadband.

Talktalks solution was to ditch the eero, connect the fibre ONT to the old broadband router and send us a janky old WiFi extender. We have lived with it for now, but want to go back to the eero or similar, for the interface and parental controls, and have the following options

Get a second eero router and set up a mesh to hopefully increase range

Can get Tenda Nova mw6 3 pack for less than the cost of 1 eero

Can get TP link deco m5 3 pack for a little more thannthe eero.

Can get netgear orbi (rbk352) 2 pack if I push the boat out.

Current speed next to router is 125mb/s

Would option 2 and 3 work with the gear I have? What would you do

Based in UK.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

The problem with some of the cheaper Mesh options is that they use fixed WiFi channels & their configuration options are probably far less than the WiFi Extender that you have currently (assuming it is the TalkTalk WiFi extender). The first thing I would do is a WiFi channel scan of your area, as it may not be the product giving poor range, but WiFi interference in your area.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?