FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the GUI on my dg8041 router will not respond

GrayCon
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

My DG8041W hub is working fine . However. I can not access the GUI!

My internet is connected via a DG8041W hub and DZS  box to a Freedom fibre FTTH Talk talk network. It is providing a solid 500+Mbps ethernet speed and the WIFI gives up to 350 Mbps.

However it will not respond to  the normal 192.168.1.1. address - the link just times out

I have re-booted the hub with no effect . I would rather not have to do a factory reset as  I might loose my current settings and not be able to put them back.

Has any one any ideas.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hello,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

This morning I carried out the Factory reset. It has cured the problem and as the GUI has come back I was able to reconnect  all attached equipment.

Still not sure why I had the problem but at least it is now cured. Thanks for the input.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10
0 Likes

GrayCon
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 10

Thanks I'll wait until Wednesday ,when, if thing do go badly,  it won't cause so many problems

I'll report back when I have done the reset to let you know how things went.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

It's hard to tell.  I'd try the reset and see what happens.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

GrayCon
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 10

Hi Karl

Thanks for the response. I had  feeling the the answer would involve a factory rest, I was just hoping that there would be something else.( I have use ccleaner to clear the cache and there are no popup blockers operating)

As my my connection to the network is good, I am nervous that a reset could cause the hub to fail leaving me with no Internet.

Do you have any experience of this problem ? do you think that this might be a symptom of an impending failure? or just a software glitch.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

If this is still happening from an ethernet connection, and any pop up blockers are disabled and browser cache has been cleared, then the only option left would be to pin / factory reset the router.  If still failing then we can replace the router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Thanks, but that is the way my main pc is connected and I  use that to control the hub.

addition info - both my ethernet connected pcs and my phone and tablet all time out when trying to connect to the hub GUI .

0 Likes

paulshent
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Try a direct ethernet cable connection to the router in question and see what results you get.

0 Likes