FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

topcashback faster fibre

devonalan
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

Hi,

Have been trying to upgrade my broadband to faster fibre via topcashback (i presume this is fibre 65). Link works ok, but when I get to talktalk site, log in ok, then when it gets to 'loading details' just get the twirling circle with the message 'please wait'. Never moves on from there. Have tried several times over the last 3 days and always the same. If i log in to account in the normal way, details load fine, but topcashback gives me a better deal

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

@devonalan Just be aware that if you do have what is known as an Exchange Only Line then paradoxically you will not be able to get an FTTC service as there is no fibre cabinet to provide it. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 19

@devonalan, I re-escalated your thread yesterday. All further posts delay it reaching staff, so it's really best just to wait for staff to catch up with your thread again. 

It's in the queue for attention. 

If you involve the CEO etc, staff can't get further involved on here at the same time. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

devonalan
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 19

we don't actually have a green cabinet in our road (that i have seen). Suspect it is direct from the exchange which is 0.7 mile away. If it is not available from there I would worry (other providers on comparison sites  specify the speed available on FTTC, Talktalk don't)

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

@devonalan i would to get this sorted and a clear answer on it get a formal complaint in and ceo office can handle it takes a few days to get them to contact u.

then u know if u can and if not when u could or how to find other isp that do still 

as my green cabinet has just had changes or at the exchange has to allow for 150 fibre and above which i have taken up with tt for 2 years on a fix contract with free calls

see what if u really need it the customer loyalty team says or ceo office says as staff on here can not renew contracts or things like sales 

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 19

That's from Openreach. It means that it is "available" if Talktalk has capacity at the cabinet. If all your neighbours have taken up Fibre, Talktalk's allocation may have been used up for now.

devonalan
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 19

this is the screeshot  from openreach sitethis is the screeshot from openreach site

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 19

@devonalan, I've seen offers, and suggestions from Talktalk to upgrade to Fibre in my own account, but these are often not properly tailored to my situation. 

Some cabinets have simply not been kitted out for Fibre, sometimes there's no further capacity, etc.

I would tend to believe what you've been told in person by Talktalk already, by both retentions and the technical department. There's no discrepancy there, and it always needs to be checked at that level.... not at the level of more generalised advertising. 

It is fortunate that Talktalk does have systems in place to avoid selling you a product that is not actually available for your line.

I'll re-escalate this thread for staff to confirm the situation. 

Message 8 of 19

@devonalan why not then call sales and see what they say if that does not work then u can take it to the ceo complaints (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-do-I-make-a-complaint/ta-p/2204670)team they get back on it around 7 working days some times less as it is not the service u need to be told different things as they would be able to put things right and see what has gone wrong and what need looking at to correct it.

also u can get discounted for the time it has taken u to try and get a clear answer to it from the same deps in the SAME COMPANY

@Arne-TalkTalk can u help any more on what is going on here and can u find out what need to be done to get this sorted and they can not be the only one with the issue in there area where they live

please wait until hopefully before the week end for a oce to reply and what they come back with u can raise a complaint via chat and also on here if need

devonalan
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 19

now suitably confused. Phoned retentions and they seemed to be willing to talk about it , but advise me that fibre is not available at my address, also confirmed by technical dept, even though upgrade is listed on my account. It also appears as an option on many of the comparison sites. Ofcom site also shows it as available.?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Have you actually tried phoning the Loyalty Team as suggested to see what they can do for you?

I'm surprised if they can't do better than £25 per month.

devonalan
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 19

Thx for that, know i can get fibre 65 - it's listed as an optional upgrade, but £5pm more than topcashback deal

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 12 of 19

Staff won't be back before Monday, @devonalan.

However, Faster Fibre is classed as a legacy package. The new equivalent is Fibre35. 

There's a chance that your line might not cope with anything faster - check first by phoning up to see if they can tell you what you should be going for.

You might be able to get a good enough deal directly from them anyway.

Phone 03451 720046 and speak to the LOYALTY team, after 9am. Not open Sunday. 

devonalan
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 19

what do I have to do to get this sorted? No response here, no other way of contacting,Offer expires July 7th. All I want is to sign up for faster fibre for 2 years (I know topcashback link says 18 months) for £25 per month (same offer as new customers). Not even too worried about the cashback side. Surely this can get sorted. Been a talktalk customer for years, but if this can't get sorted may well be off when current contract expires

0 Likes

devonalan
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 19

just for clarity, the upgrade offers i can get by logging into my account direct are not the same as the topcashback ones. was just demonstrating that upgrades are available and it is the route via the topcashback link that is faulty

devonalan
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 19

Also if I log in normally (not via topcashback), all the upgrade offers are there

devonalan
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 19

Ok, have tried chrome and firefox on 2 different devices with same result, have disabled popups, still the same.

Link followed was faster fibre - existing customer from topcashback. landing site seems ok, login to account is ok, next should be loading details for faster package - this doesn't happen

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 19

Hi devonalan 

Have you disabled all pop up blockers on the browser that you are using?

Or tried a different browser?

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 18 of 19

@devonalan hi please make sure ur profile is finished so the oce staff can help u also is the offer open to existing customers as sometimes it just new ones

also have u tried using  incognito mode that can sometimes help depending on the issue which is causing it just a way round sometimes i have had few companies over the years say try it in incognito that is in google chrome browser 

please wait for oce to reply in next few days

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time,(excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays).  The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public