FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to fibre 65 but its now worse?

Dmc1982
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

had constant speeds above 30mb prior to the upgrade to the fibre 65 on tuesday, now speed is under 10 mb, mostly 1.2mb, and thats with a wired connection, was told its my inhouse setup thats the problem, how could that be when it was working fine before, and every upgrade for the past 8 years, was told it would sort itself after a couple of days, now to let us use the internet we have to restart the router and it lets the kids go on there pcs for about 3 hours and then drops again? how can i be getting charged for a faster service and its got worse. just upgraded my mums aswell, but looks like we will be using the option of cancel the contract and going elsewhere, as fed up of getting the run around, its that bad now, even the ring camera and alexas are struggling with it and never had a problem before

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Dmc1982

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 12

Could do, no harm in trying, just strange how everything was working before

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Dmc1982

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi, 

I've done that before, and also done it again this morning, after the router re starts I get about 40mb, and it only lasts for about 3 hours and then it drops back down to under 10, any time we restart it we have decent speeds but they don't last, and as I said, we never had this problem before we upgraded 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Dmc1982

Sorry for the delay.

Your line is showing in sync at 51.3mb. Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Does sound very similar to mine 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

I could understand that if I was having problems before, right up until the switch I was between, 35 & 40mb, 3 gaming pcs connected a ps5 and a TV streaming. Straight after the update, we can't have the TV streaming, and only one person can be either on console or pc, try telling that to 3 kids, what's the only thing that's changed? Talk talk upgrade, routers the same wires are the same, so why should I run about doing crazy things when I haven't had any problems before?

And when they told me to do the speed tests, they said mine are false, as I couldn't be getting they speeds. 

Why would I want to sit for over an hour sorting a problem, if there wasn't a problem, I do 14hr shifts, and would like to chill when I get in, rather than having kids saying they can't play there games or do homework 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 12

@artlin1 and @Dmc1982, it's essential to run checks to avoid sending out engineers unnecessarily. 

You don't want them turning up and telling you that it's something that you should have sorted out, and then getting charged for the visit:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

It's a process of elimination of faults. Support staff are on your side!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

artlin1
Team Player
Message 9 of 12

Hello Dmc. 

I am having the same issues, well similar!!

I was on faster fibre with a boost up to 65mb. I was consistently getting speed in the mid 50.

Then, TT changed the package names (why? Marketing exercise!!) and they put me on Fibre 35, a slower speed. So, I upgraded again back to Fibre 65. Now, I cannot get back to my original speed.

Of course, TT get you running around in circles doing crazy tests and constant time wasting.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

hi, yeah an existing customer, that upgraded from fibre 35, and this was supposed to be better, yeah i have tried doing that with the router but no joy, and the people on the live chat weren't much help either, leave it 30 days, if not better then i can leave. pretty poor if you ask me when i have been with them 15 years, and not holding out much hope, with my mums upgrade either

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @Dmc1982,

Are you an existing TalkTalk customer who has upgraded from Fibre 35 ?, if so have you tried switching your router off for over 30 minutes since you were upgraded, as this will reset the session and can help.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you still need them.