FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wi-fi keeps dropping out

marbab
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 3

Hi, 

Just wanted to report ongoing issues with loosing wifi signal few times a day. It bacomes a nightmare now when I'being dropped during conf calls etc. My devices dissconect and I have a crossed wi-fi icon with exclamation mark next to it, saying my wi-fi signal is poor and it will reconect me when wi-fi signal quality improves. And it comes bac after few mins. It happens on all devices: mobiles, laptops, android box etc. I tried everything: it is connected directly to the main socket, I moved my router to different places, I'm rebooting it  often.  Online line check says everything is ok ( few months ago I must admit it failed online test and some works has been done on the front of the house, but it didn't really helped /at least from my point of view/).

Could you please help?

Thank you very much

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi marbab

I'm sorry to hear this.

I think we should send a different make and model of router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

However, other factors should be investigated first. When this happens, what are the lights showing on the front of the router? Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

To enable me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?