FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi hub

skygrowler
Insightful One
Message 67 of 67

i have had this wifi hub for a while now and thought it would settle down but i am still having problems with it . my wifi seems to disconnect frequently and when it does connect it take a long time to connect .

I am also finding that when i wake up my phone or laptop it quite often comes up with a warning that i have no internet connection and then a second or two later it connects .

i think i have asked this before but is there a setting that saves power and shuts down the connection ? if so could someone point me to it ?

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 1 of 67

No thanks as i said it has taken up too much of our time . i will just have to accept that it is as good as it gets .

thanks for your time and effort 

sg

0 Likes

Message 2 of 67

Hi skygrowler,

Ok, I can raise it without the specific examples if you would like our Network Team to take a look anyway to see if they can see any possible issue?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 67

I have not made notes of when it has been a problem because it is constantly a problem . 

I think you and I have spent way too much time on this  So I will have to put up with it and see what I can do from my end  

Thanks sg 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 67

Hi skygrowler,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Would you like me to pass this over to our Network Team for further investigation? Do any other devices drop at the same time as the cctv? Do you have any recent dates and times when you know that the cctv has dropped and I can ask our Network Team to take a look.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 67

I have not rebooted for several days.it was the same with 635  As I have said I am pretty sure it started when I changed to fibre  

I am not keen on cancelling the speed boost just yet as I have a concession which will be lost but I think that will be the next step as it seems to me that the cameras don't like the extra speed  .

0 Likes

Message 6 of 67

Hi skygrowler,

Apologies for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Just to confirm, have you recently rebooted/switched off the router?

Could I also just confirm, did the cctv issue also happen when the HG635 router was connected or only when using the wifi hub?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 67

I realise that you would rather blame my equipment than yours 😉 but I didn't have any problem before I changed to fibre   I think it is more likely to be a problem with the actual Internet connection than anything else 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 67

Hi skygrowler

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tested this (laptop) recently since the firmware update? I'm just trying to determine if this is just affecting the CCTV or all devices using 2.4GHZ.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 67

yes i have one laptop that is 2.4 and i think that suffers the same problem.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 67

Hi skygrowler

Do any other devices using 2.4ghz channel also experience the same issue?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 67

No .

0 Likes

Message 12 of 67

Hi skygrowler

Are you able to connect them (CCTV) to the 5ghz channel?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 67

Yes it is  

0 Likes

Message 14 of 67

Hi skygrowler

Is this still the same following the firmware update?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 67

I don't know if this is any help but my Cctv works better when I am away from home on mobile data. On WiFi they more often than not take ages to connect or just time out . 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 67
0 Likes

Message 17 of 67

i certainly will ,LOL

0 Likes

Message 18 of 67

Hi skygrowler

Apologies for the delay.

I've now changed the firmware. Please can you retest and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 67

@Debbie-TalkTalk what happened ?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 67

Did it  nothing happened 

0 Likes