FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi hub

skygrowler
Insightful One
Message 67 of 67

i have had this wifi hub for a while now and thought it would settle down but i am still having problems with it . my wifi seems to disconnect frequently and when it does connect it take a long time to connect .

I am also finding that when i wake up my phone or laptop it quite often comes up with a warning that i have no internet connection and then a second or two later it connects .

i think i have asked this before but is there a setting that saves power and shuts down the connection ? if so could someone point me to it ?

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 21 of 67

Hi skygrowler

Thanks for your reply.

Our Products Team have asked us to try firmware version 1400t again. Please can you factory reset the router and I can then update the firmware?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 22 of 67

version SG4K10002600t

0 Likes

Message 23 of 67

Hi skygrowler

Which firmware version is currently showing on your router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 67

OK thanks 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 67

Hi skygrowler

I've contacted our Products Team in regards to this and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 26 of 67

it seems to be a fault with the 2.4 channel because all of the wifi hubs have had a problem keeping my cctv online and they are all 2.4.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 67

again , not as far as i know because the only wired connection is an iMac that is not used very often.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 67

Hi skygrowler

Are you still experiencing drops over a wired connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 67

Not as far as I know but I have to say that I only have one laptop which is exclusively 2.4 ghz everything else is dual band  

0 Likes

Message 30 of 67

Hi skygrowler

Has the same fault occurred on 2 different Wifi Hubs?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 31 of 67

ok @Debbie-TalkTalk  i have rebooted and it has come back on but i really don't want to be doing this with a brand new router .

from other posts i have read it seems this router is a failure , i think it's about time TT admitted it and started doing something about it .

0 Likes

Message 32 of 67

hi @Debbie-TalkTalk it appears that the 2.4 channel on my hub has stopped working . is that something you can check from your end ?

thanks sg

0 Likes

Message 33 of 67

Hi skygrowler

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 34 of 67

Actually it seems to have settled down now  so I will give it a bit longer  

0 Likes

Message 35 of 67

Hi skygrowler

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can raise the intermittent connection fault over to our Network Team, would you like me to arrange this?

If you remove the fibre speed boost then the sync speed would be 40mb.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 36 of 67

@Debbie-TalkTalk Hmm that didn't last long , my phone used 0.7mb overnight and cctv cameras are on and off randomly , i have tried everything and nothing seems to improve the connection.

i am giving up on this now. i can only conclude it is down to the fibre connection being of poor quality as i have tried 3 different wifi hubs and 3 other routers including one non TT supplied router .

if i remove the fibre boost what sort of speed can i expect as all i think i can do is to start downgrading because everything worked before i had fibre.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 67
0 Likes

Message 38 of 67

will do thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 39 of 67

Hi skygrowler

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please can you continue to monitor this and let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 40 of 67

thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk so far things are looking better ,overnight my phone has used no data and my speed has increased and connection seems more stable .

i know it is early days but hopefully the new router has solved my problems .

just one thing and i know you are going to say " ooh i wouldn't do that " but i have found that i get better wifi coverage by placing the router face down on the floor in an upstairs room and it hasn't caught fire yet ! emoticon.joytears.title

0 Likes