FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi hub

skygrowler
Insightful One
Message 67 of 67

i have had this wifi hub for a while now and thought it would settle down but i am still having problems with it . my wifi seems to disconnect frequently and when it does connect it take a long time to connect .

I am also finding that when i wake up my phone or laptop it quite often comes up with a warning that i have no internet connection and then a second or two later it connects .

i think i have asked this before but is there a setting that saves power and shuts down the connection ? if so could someone point me to it ?

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 41 of 67

Hi skygrowler

I have updated the routers firmware.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 42 of 67

@Debbie-TalkTalk i have got the new hub set up and it seems to be working ok (only time will tell ) buti have one question the previous router had firmware ending in 2600t this on ends in 1400t is that newer or older and if it's older can it be upgraded please ?

0 Likes

Message 43 of 67

Hi skygrowler

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 44 of 67

new hub is here thanks @Chris-TalkTalk . i will give it a go and get back .

0 Likes

Message 45 of 67
0 Likes

Message 46 of 67

OK thanks 😊

0 Likes

Message 47 of 67

OK, I've ordered the router, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

Message 48 of 67

yes , please @Chris-TalkTalk  

thanks sg

0 Likes

Message 49 of 67

Hi skygrowler,

I've checked with our Product team and they don't know why you're experiencing the problem with the wifi disconnecting, would you like me to send another router to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 50 of 67

i have just tried the "check your service status" page 

"Your broadband isn’t keeping up with you. Fix it with an upgrade to fibre broadband.

Our health check’s showing that you’re regularly hitting your broadband’s line capacity. In other words, you’re using more data than your line can handle. It can happen when you’re connecting lots of devices or downloading and streaming lots of stuff. And it leads to your internet feeling slow.

There’s an easy fix though. We recommend that you upgrade to fibre broadband. It’ll give you up to 3× the speed of your current connection, which means you’ll have all the data you need, for now and in the future too."

that will be about 230 Mbps then ? i look forward to that !

so that worked emoticon.quiet.title

0 Likes

Message 51 of 67

Hi skygrowler,

I'll ask our product team if this is normal behaviour, if it's not I'll arrange to send another wifi hub.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 52 of 67

@Chris-TalkTalk  this morning all my wifi cctv cameras were offline (which i kind of think rules out a faulty camera ) i rebooted the router and they all came back on line ,this has happened before quite frequently .

i have asked before but got no answer ""is there a power saving setting on this router ?" because i can't find one .

i think i have said this before too but my mobile phones are using data overnight when they are supposed to be on wifi this has only happened with this router .

is there any chance i can have a new wifi hub to try ?

thanks sg

0 Likes

Message 53 of 67

Hi skygrowler,

OK, please let us know how you get on (yes you should be able to revert to ADSL when your out of your fibre contract)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 54 of 67

@Michelle-TalkTalk i have found no difference so i did a factory reset (which didn't seem to work) and then i could not access 192.168.1.1 or get a connection . i have reverted to HG635 . I am very disappointed with the new wifi hub and fibre in general . 

i am going to try it for a few more days and then i think i might knock of the speed boost off as all this seemed to start when i switched to fibre .

one more thing i would like to know is , can i revert to plain old broadband when my contract ends or will i need to change providers ?

0 Likes

Message 55 of 67
0 Likes

Message 56 of 67

Will do @Michelle-TalkTalk

Thanks sg 

0 Likes

Message 57 of 67

Hi skygrowler,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Yes it was around this time. Please let us know how the connection compares 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 58 of 67

i will . just  a couple of things , i have a wired connection that i forgot about , this does not seem to be affected.

did you do the firmware update at about 08.50 because my connection dropped out for a couple of minutes?

thanks sg

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 59 of 67

Hi skygrowler,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections. I've made a change to the firmware, could you retest and let us know how the connection compares over the next 24hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 60 of 67

OK thanks 

0 Likes