cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

NO CONNECTION SINCE THE 10TH MAY

Archers
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 101 of 101

Surely someone can help me on this. Hours spent on the phone and on the online chat bots. 

Talk Talk engineer booked to come out to me, he turns up, he is an independent engineer who hasn't a clue about the Eero boxes and totally wasted 2 hours of my life.

2 hours on the phone to SUPPORT wow!!! After 35 minutes of going through all the information being transferred 3 times to different people. Explaining about the lights on the Eero and the Fibre box to be asked, can I make sure they have been switched on. If you are going to employ people from a call centre please please train them.

2 hours on the phone I explained I had tried 5 different Eero units and I was not told that there is a router Eero which I should have. The engineer turned up with one he didn't know it was a router box????

Still no connection. Still annoyed... 

Sky worked up until midnight on the 9th. My connection with Talk talk "Went live!!!!!!" on the 3rd, I tried then and was advised wait until your sky connection switches off and it will be ok.

Funny enough just a staling tactic. Sky switched off, Talk Talk still not connecting, still the same error. Where the Eero cannot be assigned a WAN address. Surely this is a simple fix. Your servers are not releasing an IP address to the Eero here. 

Can some one with some knowledge please respond to me.

0 Likes
100 REPLIES 100

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 101

Very pleased.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 101

Hurrah!  🥳

0 Likes

Message 3 of 101

@archers2 finally! Pleased to hear you have it sorted.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

archers2
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 101

Just as an update... 

Got my service all connected and sorted at last.

Open Reach corrected their issue and it was sorted.

Many thanks to everyone at Talk Talk who helped.

Just my one and only real gripe is that the communication could be so much better.

But it's fixed now and it's working perfectly.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Billdawgeh
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 101

As a new customer (as of today) this is terrifying to see. I really hope it gets sorted for you archer

0 Likes

Message 6 of 101

Hi

The Team have confirmed an engineer is booked for Tomorrow and they will place a follow up call after this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 101

Hi

i've emailed the team now, to request they get in touch with you.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

archers2
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 101

Hi Karl

yes they told me all that on Thursday and promised me a call back on Friday.... 

Guest what... No call back...

Another week without internet at my property. 

Lets hope today we can finally get some kind of progress.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 101

Hi

I can see in the email chain that contact has been confirmed, and they have updated Openreach records and are looking towards scheduling an engineer.  I'm sure they will discuss more on the callback.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

archers2
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 101

Contact has been made.

A call back has been promised for tomorrow.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 101

As advised on 8th August, anything to do with billing (so also compensation) is a separate issue and needs a new topic in the billing section of the forum, @archers2.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

archers2
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 101

An interesting line from another post on this forum

-   £6.10 compensation for each calendar day of delay, including the missed start date.

so from the 10th May 104 days of no service to my property and counting...

Now I would have hoped that maybe as I am on my second account, as advised by your team, that it would have settled up to the closure date of that account. No that hasn't happened.

I have tried calling and I just have to go through so many checks and silly questions to then be transferred numerous times back and forth with no one being able to help me.

All I want is someone from TALK TALK to call me and HELP ME get a full fibre Broadband connection.

4 years with 2 other providers not a single issue with my full fibre broadband and now this.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 101

Responding as best I can in reverse order, @archers2.

The forum is online support only.

Any phone calls would come from the Complaints team - the procedures for Complaints are linked at the foot of any Talktalk page. 

If you have paid for a service that you didn’t receive, once it's resolved it would be sorted by automatic compensation:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

If you have waited long enough for resolution without a satisfactory outcome and wish to leave, you would need to discuss the whole thing with the Loyalty team on 03451 720088. 

SLAS are outlined where you would expect to find them, in the Ts&Cs, also linked at the foot of any Talktalk page. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

archers2
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 101

The last contact that was made with me was the 30th July...

Very impressive, but hey I keep get congratulations on my contributions to this forum...

0 Likes

archers2
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 101

There was a couple of points that wasn't answered last night to one of my posts.

What is the complaints procedure with this company?

What are your SLAs to a customer?

What are your refund procedures?

Why does no one respond with a phone call?

Why is there no direct number to reply to someone?

Again still no call to myself to explain what  is happening...

In the old days this would have been considered polite to just keep me updated...

Apparently the Tech Guys and Provisioning manager are talking via an email chain...

As I've stated before to your Tech Guys, Open Reach have said this can be sorted by an engineer coming to my house to confirm the correct allocation of ONT numbers and can only be done this way.

The ONT number that is associated with my address is still the one that is attached to next doors house NOT MINE.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 101

So update from my end... No contact AGAIN from anybody at Talk Talk.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 101

Hi

There is activity on this, I can see the email chain between our Tech guys and our provisioning manager, so they are working on this.  I've emailed the chain asking that you are called with a progress update.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 18 of 101

I have changed the title for you, as requested. 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 19 of 101

Escalation puts it in the staffs queue for a response and raises its profile.

Once a case like yours has been sent to an escalation team or CEO office all staff here can do is contact that team and ask them to call or contact you.

Escalation teams are at a higher level than this forum and as such staff here are precluded from carrying out any work to rectify issues.

As frustrating as this is for you, TalkTalk have procedures to follow.

I'm sure staff will raise this again for you tomorrow so in the meantime please keep your thoughts and comments to this thread to avoid unnecessary delay.

Any duplicate topics will be removed to avoid confusion.

Thank you.

Message 20 of 101

PERFECT CUSTOMER HANDLING...

Closing threads because it will cause a delay to not only to myself but to other customers.

Now that is rich.

NO CONNECTION SINCE THE 10th MAY IS A CONSIDERABLE DELAY TO MYSELF.

How about you change the title of this post to no CONNECTION SINCE THE 10th MAY, then people will understand my frustration.

What is the complaints procedure with this company? What are your SLAs to a customer? What are your refund procedures?

Why does no one respond with a phone call?

Why is there no direct number to reply to someone?

0 Likes