NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin of Future Fibre is a disgrace

AnUrbanPenguin
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

I signed up to Future Fibre in November 2021 with a go live date of 12th December 2021.  This got delayed for various reasons (Eeros out of stock, problems with openreach) until 18th December.

The service has been working fine since the 18th of December, no problems at all with the service.

However, I still do not have access to an online account.  The service has been live for over 2 months and my online account has never been setup.  I have spoken to support multiple times, often being on hold for up to an hour trying to get this resolved.  All I get is "Its been escalated to the back office team" with promises like "itll be done by next week" which never happens.

Today I have (after waiting a total of 30 minutes on hold after giving up after an HOUR on hold last night) spoken to support again who have just repeated the same rubbish of "its with the back office team".

I requested an offical apology for wasting my time with this, but was told thats not possible.  I then requested some sort of compensation for wasting my time and delivering a crap service, I was told thats not possible.  I asked to speak to a manager and was told that managers do not speak to customers (useless policy...).

I asked to raise this to a complaint and was initially told no(???) but after some berating of the poor call handler this was raised to a complaint, however I had to tell them what I wanted as a result of the complaint... thats your job surely to come up with an acceptable resolution for the customer!

At the moment I am in a situation where I have a product that I cannot effectively manage.  I have no access to my account, contract or other documents.  The process at talktalk seems completely broken in that a customer has to be live for about a month before they even get an account.  At pretty much every other company the making of an account is an automated process.  Why are the talktalk processes so backwards?

12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi 

The issue is still being investigated. 

We can only apologize that it is taking so long to resolve this. 

Apologies again.

0 Likes

AnUrbanPenguin
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 13

Its been nearly another month.  Still nothing.

Noone has ever gotten back to me about my complaint and like many others on here I still do not have an online account.

My service has been live for over 3 months now.  The order was placed 4 and a half months ago.  GET YOUR FINGER OUT!

Message 3 of 13
0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Id love to add an account number, however that requires an account!

I have added my ORDER number to my private notes in my profile.  It is the only correspondence I have ever gotten from talktalk for my broadband.

Whilst here, still no hearing back from the complaint.  Its now been a week and a half since I was promised a 48 hour turn around.  Absolute joke of a 'service'.

Message 5 of 13

Sorry that this is still ongoing.

Can you add your account number to your community profile and I can chase this up for you.

0 Likes

AnUrbanPenguin
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 13

It has now been a further week, we are no closer to a resolution. Its 3 months since the original go live date which got delayed and just shy of 4 months since the original order date.  Still no talktalk account.

It has also been a full week with noone from the complaints team getting back to me despite me being promised that I would hear back within 48 hours of making the complaint (that I had to argue to make!)

The customer service provided by this company is an absolute joke.  Thank god the actual broadband is provided by openreach and talktalk are just the middlemen.

Message 7 of 13

Yes I concur most people only post when they have a problem as I suppose that’s what the forum is for! But you know like I do percentage wise the call centre staff get slated more often than not. I can only go by the reaction I see by countless individuals who post on this forum when they have a problem there not happy with the help they get from the TT call-centre staff. It’s not me saying that its loads and loads of individual customers!

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 13

@bigkenny If you read these forums a lot over time you come to the conclusion that those who post are generally doing so because they have had a problem. It is a wee bit unfair to generalise from that.

@AnUrbanPenguin Have you tried contacting the Future Fibre team using asking live chat about the link that Chris mentioned? 

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Message 9 of 13

If you read these forums a lot over time you come to the conclusion that any phone call to TT to any department is a sheer waste of time esp. if you have a problem.

I’m just one of the lucky ones that apart from ringing up to get good deal on new contract when it’s due I’ve never had to ring TT about a problem. God help me if I ever have to but I doubt I ever will as I know what the outcome would be. Thank God for this forum and the boys and girls who give help as they are the real shining knights to help sort most problem out.

benny55
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 13

@AnUrbanPenguin wrote:

I signed up to Future Fibre in November 2021 with a go live date of 12th December 2021.  This got delayed for various reasons (Eeros out of stock, problems with openreach) until 18th December.

The service has been working fine since the 18th of December, no problems at all with the service.

However, I still do not have access to an online account.  The service has been live for over 2 months and my online account has never been setup.  I have spoken to support multiple times, often being on hold for up to an hour trying to get this resolved.  All I get is "Its been escalated to the back office team" with promises like "itll be done by next week" which never happens.

Today I have (after waiting a total of 30 minutes on hold after giving up after an HOUR on hold last night) spoken to support again who have just repeated the same rubbish of "its with the back office team".

I requested an offical apology for wasting my time with this, but was told thats not possible.  I then requested some sort of compensation for wasting my time and delivering a crap service, I was told thats not possible.  I asked to speak to a manager and was told that managers do not speak to customers (useless policy...).

I asked to raise this to a complaint and was initially told no(???) but after some berating of the poor call handler this was raised to a complaint, however I had to tell them what I wanted as a result of the complaint... thats your job surely to come up with an acceptable resolution for the customer!

At the moment I am in a situation where I have a product that I cannot effectively manage.  I have no access to my account, contract or other documents.  The process at talktalk seems completely broken in that a customer has to be live for about a month before they even get an account.  At pretty much every other company the making of an account is an automated process.  Why are the talktalk processes so backwards?

You have my sympathy. I had an upgrade from Fibre 65 to FTTP in pretty much the same timeframe as yours, Ordered 26th November, and installed 29th December. Yet despite numerous calls and endless hours of waiting I am nowhere close to getting this change of contract reflected on ‘My Account’.   

So far I’ve had two bills based on my old package and with a third due tomorrow I’m not holding my breath.

To date this has been escalated on three separate occasions all to no avail.

From my experience, the notion of contacting the ‘Future Fibre team’ is a futile exercise as it yields absolutely zilch. It merely results in wasted time, total frustration and no outcome.

As a TT customer of some 15 years I have always found the Forum support team and other contributors really helpful. However, when it comes to the FF team I have to say they appear to be totally out of their depth.

Message 11 of 13

Hi Chris,

I have spoken to them multiple times (when you can actually get through) as stated above.

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi AnUrbanPenguin,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Could I just ask, have you spoken the Future Fibre team about this as they should be able to send you a link that will allow you to access My Account

Chris

0 Likes