NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone used their own router with the Full Fibre Service via Cityfibre

gordonsuk
Team Player
Message 28 of 28

Checking to see if anyone has been able to use their own router as TalkTalk have neglected to send mine in time for the install.

I assume there will be a vlan ID to use - just wondered if anyone had it or was able to get their router working.

Thanks

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hi gordonsuk,

Glad to hear that your service is up and running now, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

gordonsuk
Team Player
Message 2 of 28

Well I'm still here. And service has been working for just over a week or so. After complaining to the CEO office at Cityfibre things moved rather quickly. I've currently got additional months added for free service. Which now takes me upto mid August before I need to pay anything. 

When the service works it's great. TalkTalk just need to get their whole team re-trained on the product they actually sell.

0 Likes

gordonsuk
Team Player
Message 3 of 28

Thanks folks for the assistance given on here. Had approx 2 days of service working perfectly before it all came to a complete stop. Cityfibre have another issue in the area. But I've also been contacted by my prefered provider to say they can offer service too when all is resolved, so cancellation notice has been given to TalkTalk - I just honestly cannot put up with the incompetance of their support team any further.

gordonsuk
Team Player
Message 4 of 28

New date for going live now is the 29th Dec. Brill - well done Cityfibre (I joke of course) - pretty poor and for once not a fault of TT. Let's see what happens on the 29th - not convinced it'll work.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully the team leader will be able to get to the bottom of this for you. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

gordonsuk
Team Player
Message 6 of 28

Eventually got the router - currently sitting in it's box unable to use as the service is still off. There is a Team Leader looking at the issues now, so I've left it to them. Spent to much this week on TalkTalk in terms of getting things sorted to a point. Hopefully CityFibre figure out where they have an issue on the network and get things fixed. I highly recommend from this experience that if at all possible you keep a backup internet service. Good job I have a decent working internet service already. 

At the time taken so far, I'm not really expecting the Future Fibre service to be working before New Year. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

Hi gordonsuk,

If you change your mind about the callback just let us know and we'll arrange it for you.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 28

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not really sure that the team are capable of dealing with the current issues at present. They have been nothing but unhelpful. I don't really believe a call from them will help any further. Even their senior management are not capable of assisting.

I've been given a weeks timeframe from Cityfibre to resolve the no service issue. Surely the fix time for a service is not normally this long. Then again I wouldn't even know with this service as I don't even have a copy of the terms of service etc.

Thanks anyway, but I don't think it's worth the effort of trying to make further contact. Even had a complaint opened - which lasted a record breaking 1 minute, before they closed it.😞

Message 9 of 28

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you add your full name, alternative contact number and your FTTP order number to your Community Profile and we can try and arrange for someone from the Future Fibre Team to contact you directly. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Hi,

I've not been at home today so unsure if the service is active yet. Also had no contact from the support team. And still no router has been received. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

Hi gordonsuk,

Have you received any further updates from CityFibre?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Well done to Cityfibre - no help from TalkTalk though. 

Contacted by CityFibre late yesterday to advise they have a fibre break a few streets away from us. They've obtained a permit and work should be done today to resolve the no service issue.

As for TalkTalk  - still nothing and no sign of either router that was sent last week. 

Message 13 of 28

Thanks - Been told it'll be a week before service possibly goes live. Not the best of starts. Hopefully it'll be sorted, although not convinced that it will be.

And the support guys have been no help whatsoever.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

Apologies again for any inconvenience, hopefully the issue will be resolved soon

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

Thanks for the reply - I'm battling on at the moment. Should have expected this really. And that's a shame for TalkTalk, seems like they rarely seem to get things right. Although a lot of the blame lies with CityFibre and Kelly Comms on this one.

Message 16 of 28

Hi gordonsuk,

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue, I know it must be frustrating, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Your Future Fibre Team have been no help whatsoever and I don't really know if they understand their purpose or what they should be doing.

I took it upon myself to contact the contractors head office to discuss why they couldn't carryout the install. Within a few hours and a few calls and emails back and forth from myself. They managed to get a team with a hoist to drive up from the Leeds area and install the fibre in the dark I might add.

Unfortunately Cityfibre have now let everyone down as the service at the pole on the street is not even active. I'm currently dealing with them directly as TalkTalk and the so called Future Fibre Team are incapable. I'm sure if I'd left to them - the cable would not even be installed at this point. To add to that I've received 2 shipping emails for routers. 1. Which is supposed to be delivered today. 2. which is still hiding in a depot somewhere. 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 28

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Are you still in contact with our Future Fibre Team?

Thanks

0 Likes

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Message 19 of 28

Well if it was Kelly Comms and were anyway associated with Kelly`s that were based in Trafford Park, Manchester who held a contract with Sky for service and installs in the mid to late 90`s. I can well understand the bad service  They also did cable TV stuff as well worked for the clowns and could see with my own eyes some of the work that was done. Even they gave subbies a bad name and that’s saying something!

0 Likes

gordonsuk
Team Player
Message 20 of 28

Well.... Think I'll be cancelling based on today's level of professionalism. 

Even after the installer carried out a survey the week before. He still turns up and can't understand why he doesn't have a hoist to complete the job. Grade A imcompetance.

At least I've still got my existing service. Comes highly recommended not to stop your existing service until Talk Talk, City Fibre & Kelly Comms get things sorted. To be absolutely honest I expected no different from this lot.

0 Likes