NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for three months free after upgrading

enemyfire
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

Upgraded to future fibre. Have it in black and white I won't be charged for the first three months. Ten house points to anyone who can guess what happened next?? Yup, they never bothered to update my account so I'm being charged. I was supposed to have a call from a complaint manager yesterday. Another ten house points??? You got it. Nothing. Zilch. Zip  No call. 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

enemyfire
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 19

Could someone please sort this out. I've been charged for what should have been the last of my three free months. This has been going on since April now. I wish I had left. I actually despise this thieving company now. The people at the top, who just don't care about customers I mean  @Arne-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 19

I'll re-escalate this for you again, @enemyfire.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

enemyfire
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 19

Hi, it's happened again. Another bill for a random amount with no explanation. This should be my third free month as promised when I upgraded. This has been going on since April now.. three days they said it would take to sort out, three months ago!! 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

The webchat agents ALWAYS lie.  my FF was 'installed' March 15th still not working.  the agent said on 2 occasions that they would arrange an engineer to come out.  You get 10 points for the correct answer. its a joke.  GL with your issues

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19
0 Likes

enemyfire
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 19

Thank you 🙂. Any word on when this might actually be sorted? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

HI @enemyfire

Sorry that this is still ongoing. 

A credit has been raised against your account to clear the balance.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 19

I'll flag this for staff to sort out again, @enemyfire. They are not on here at weekends. 

0 Likes

enemyfire
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 19

Hi again,

I've now received a email telling me they are taking approx £20 off me in a few days for my Fibre 65. I upgraded in April and this should be my second month free. Can someone please do something about this, it's a joke!! It's not fair that I have to keep chasing it when all I get are false promises that it will be sorted in a few days!! 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

I will chase this up for you.  

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, if the same thing happens next month, rather than call, post on this thread and I will  sort it for you. 

Sorry again. 

0 Likes

enemyfire
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 19

Yes it has, thank you. But they still haven't updated my account so the same thing will happen next month where I will have to beg them to refund me for my free months. Even the complain manager couldn't sort it. They just keep saying it will be another few days until the account updates, but it never does. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi enemyfire

A credit has been raised against your account. 

You can see this in the transaction history in My Account. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 19

Staff on the forum won't be back on here before Monday, @enemyfire.

There is a Complaints process detailed via the link at the foot of the page.

You can reach phone support on Saturday, Chat on any day after 9am,  but nothing further can be done through the forum before Monday. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Ways-of-contacting-us/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes

enemyfire
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 19

I have been charged today. This is money I can't afford to lose. Can someone from complaint management call me on please before I dispute the payment with my bank.

0 Likes

enemyfire
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 19

Can you give me timescale please? I've had quite a few webchat agents blatantly lie to me. ie a complaint will be raised for you. It takes three days. I'm just being fobbed off, over and over again... I wish I'd never stated with you.

Message 16 of 19

Thank you @enemyfire

I have removed your account details from the open community. 

I can see the problem, so will request the team responsible to fix it, once its fixed the 3 month discount will be applied. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

enemyfire
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 19

** Removed for security**

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hi @enemyfire

Can you add your account number to your community profile and I can look into this for you. 

Thank you.

0 Likes