NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Setup Fee when installation should be included

paulbrannan
Whizz Kid
Message 15 of 15

Just signed up for future fibre 150 and the package clearly states: installation free. I have now received an email stating I will be charged for Setup Fee - New Line Sale: £60.00.

Please advise as this is not what I signed up for.

14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi paulbrannan,

Sorry to hear this.

Please contact our Future Fibre Team on 0345 172 0074, as they'll take some details and confirm if the order's been fully cancelled.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Cancelled a week ago. Cheers

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 15

How much notice did you give them,  @paulbrannan?

You are probably best checking directly with them.

Use the Chat link at the foot of this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/FutureFibre/bd-p/FutureFibre

Most things to do with FF still have to be done directly with that team.

Forum staff will be back from Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi,  I cancelled my order & installation with talktalk but I have just had openreach turn up to my house to do the installation. I explained the situation and they left without doing the work/. Can you please confirm that my order with talktalk is fully cancelled?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi paulbrannan,

The router will probably arrive today or tomorrow (unfortunately we have no visibility of this at the moment)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

One last thing 🙂 My go live date is this coming Mon, but the router has still not arrived yet. Any chance you can check when it's likely to appear? Ta

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Again, this is something that new customers need to be informed of as guess most of them won't jump on a forum.

Message 9 of 15

Future fibre orders are not registered in standard My Account, we are working on it. 

Message 10 of 15

Okay, but I guess there should be something visible when I click track order, no? All I get is the following:

paulbrannan_0-1641831281459.png

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

We don't have visibility of Future fibre orders.  only the team can tell you,  and at the moment the only way to contact them is via the phone. 

Sorry

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Also when I log into 'my account' - there is nothing - no order etc. Can you confirm all is on track, please?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Hi paulbrannan

There is usually a welcome credit  that clears the charge that the automated email does not mention. 

Sorry for any confusion caused. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Set up fees are usually chargeable and then defrayed by a credit for the same amount, it's just a bit of internal accounting nonsense. Are there any further details in that email? You can check with the Future Fibre team using Live chat here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/FutureFibre/bd-p/FutureFibre