NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City Fibre installed GPON... now what?

Nikonbhoy
Chat Champion
Message 52 of 52

So, City Fibre installed the GPON a few days ago. They said I needed a new router, which duly arrived. What happens now? They also said I wouldn't need a landline - is that true? The Telephone point is on the opposite side of the house. How will I know when the service goes live?

0 Likes
51 REPLIES 51

Message 1 of 52

Morning,

Thanks for confirming and I'm sorry that it took some time to fully resolve this for you. I've just sending you a PM with a short survey.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 52

Hi Michelle, the speeds are what I would expect from the package I have, so I'm happy with that. My house is an old turn of the century sandstone building, so I've had to get wifi boosters in some rooms. However, the connection seems much more stable than ADSL, and that was more important to me.  Thanks again for your support.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 52

Hello,

No problem. Are the speeds ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 52

Thank you Michelle. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 52

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear that this is now working for you. I'm also going to feed all this back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 52

So there you have it! It was as simple as updating my customer profile from ADSL to Fibre. No cable problems, no ONT problems, no City Link problems, no router problems, no modify the van problem, nothing to do with my comb generating static or any of the other spurious nonsense spouted in the past three weeks. It was TalkTalk's inability to talk talk to TalkTalk.  I now have a working system. 

@Swagatha_Christie 

@MartinBarrettNottingham 
@Michelle-TalkTalk 

Message 7 of 52

Hi Michelle, I see that another customer suffering the same issues has had his problems resolved after a call from the FF team in Manchester. See message below. Can you please arrange for me to have a similar call?

@Swagatha_Christie 

@MartinBarrettNottingham 

"Re: City Fibre upgrade today

Yay - I have a WAN IP address up through the ONT on laptop plugged direct

which is a change that's just happened as it wasn't working at 1pm today.

Sarah from faults team in Manchester rang me and has changed my profile and worked through my setup and I can confirm I'm getting a public IP allocated and that Sarah can now ping my  laptop from her end."

0 Likes

Message 8 of 52

Hi,

Apologies, I am still trying to get this resolved for you and I'm still in contact with the FTTP managers about this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 52

Hi Michelle, I'm afraid this is getting beyond tolerable. TalkTalk obviously have a problem allocation WAN IP addresses. There are more and more customers on here having exactly the same issue. If I thought it would do any good I would write to the CEO and complain, not about your efforts, which I'm sure are sincere, but about the failure of the FF team to be able to provide a simple solution to an easily diagnosed problem. Prevaricating over imaginary hardware compatibility issues, deflecting expectations by alluding to fantasy "resets"  and asking customers to wait 24/48hrs and try again, are all symptoms of a failing support system, and an institutionalized culture of deflection.City Fibre are no better. I think my next step will be to contact the Communications Ombudsman and see if that generates a more positive outcome. 

@MartinBarrettNottingham
@coliander
@Swagatha_Christie

Message 10 of 52

Hi,

I'm really sorry about this. I've re-escalated this now and will let you know as soon as I hear back. It's also possible that they may try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 52

And 48hrs later - :WAN DHCP client (1) failed.

So, no change, just like all the others on here facing the same issue.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 52

Hi Michelle, same old I'm afraid :WAN DHCP client (1) failed

0 Likes

Message 13 of 52

Hi,

Thank you. I will check back in with you to confirm how you are getting on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 52

Hi Michelle, many thanks. It is both connected and switched on.

Pat

0 Likes

Message 15 of 52

Hello,

A configuration change has been made. This can take between a few and 24hrs to update. Please can you ensure that the TalkTalk router is connected and switched on please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 52

Morning,

I don't have a escalation number but I have someone from a different team looking into this for me now so I'm hoping to know more early this afternoon and will post back then.

Thanks

Message 17 of 52

Ok. Can I have an escalation number please? And I also read that other facing the same problem have an incident number for City Fibre, could I have one of those, please?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 52

Hi Nikonbhoy

Michelle has chased again for an update on this.

0 Likes

Nikonbhoy
Chat Champion
Message 19 of 52

At least there is recognition that there is a fault - it has only taken two weeks ...

... we are trying to authenticate it using our access and the result keeps on showing us we are unable to authenticate due to an error and we are trying to reach out City Fibre desk for further help on having your service authenticated Pat. And we are still waiting for their feedback. If you don't mind please continue using your old connection to sustain internet on your side , because I know how important having a service working . As we are still trying to raise escalation from City Fibre , I just would like to let you know as well that we are keep on monitoring your line.

... we make sure to report a faulty issue on your line and notate this on your account for future reference. And so our system detect automatically for any fault issues and a proper action will be taken cared on your account.

For the meantime Pat, as mcuh as we love to request a City Fibre engineer to visit your premise, however, we may need to send an escalation and that will be done by our manager. As of the moment, we cannot give you a reference number nor exact details for an engineer's visit since this needs to be emailed first to City Fibre desk and as far as I know the access that we tried to use connecting to that department is under maintenance. And we are still figuring out how to gain access again.

For the meantime, I know how shameful it is to say this , however let's stick on using your old plan at the moment to sustain internet connection to your and your family as I know how significant it is while we are trying to resolve your upgraded plan.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 52

Hi,

Apologies, I've chased this earlier this morning.

Thanks