NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint Ref CMP-186938 [Incident: 211124-000625]

idmurp
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

So..3rd week without service

I work from home and about to be sacked because of this.  I moved out for a week to work,but can't do that this week. 

First it was open reach, then my radius needed a rebuild, then my line has been disconnected, but account is still open.

I have had promises from my complaint manager 12 times, 1 reply when he left a voicemail saying it was fixed(it wasn't)

12 missed call backs

3 times told it's been fixed

10+ phone calls

10+ emails

Live chat once or twice a day

Coming up on 3 weeks no service

The latest I had from email was " I have exhausted all avenues to get you to the Future Team."

Live chat they want me to sign up for a new 18months without the deal i was on.  Hung up on me when I questioned it

Phone I'm being passed from pillar to post and then get "disconnected" while on hold again.

I'm about to lose my job.  Does anyone have any way of contacting the complaints team other than the postal address. I don't have time to wait for that 

Ian Murphy
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-escalated this again now and asked that you are contacted ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 17

CISAS/CEDR will not take on a complaint until you have exhausted the ISPs compliant process.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Michelle

No contact in 3 weeks, despite a complaint.  I appreciate you escalating but there's no one listening to you.  

Ian Murphy
0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Not bothering with CEO, tried every option I could. Going straight to ombudsman.

Now got another supplier who have got me a connection in less than a week.  

Ian Murphy
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've escalated this and requested that you are contacted ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

kpf61
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 17

I would def take TT to the cleaners on this one; failed to provide a service which you rely on for your job, i would be seeking as much compo as you can get; work out, if you can, hours lost due to this and take them to the ombudsman. I have complaint outstanding since 28 Oct 2021, its now gone to TT CEO Tristia Harrison, doubt I will get any response so next step Ombudsman.

Kevin, 30 yrs IT experience, including management and IT Tech Support

Message 7 of 17

My employer has had transcripts of all the comedy talk talk responses and is aware I am chasing.

Simple fact is I cant do my job with talk talk as my provider, and as my contract is working from home its my responsibility to ensure I can do it.

I wont get another line till the 22nd.  I will be going back to parents till then I think.  Can work from there, its just 80 miles away

Ian Murphy
0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi idmurp,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

So finally found the issue last night

When talk talk transferred me to my new account 3 months ago they didn't set it up the payments correctly.  So after 3 months they have disconnected me.  

They said they had sent me 3 letters, not received and they would not tell me where they were sent.  Subject access request will solve that.  Then a GDPR breach if its gone to my old house as I suspect.

The only "fix" is to setup a new line, lose the deal I was on and wait for another 2-3 weeks to be reconnected.  So my account has been cancelled.  They have agreed its their mistake and promised not to charge me and refund the money I have paid out to my old account in this time that was closed.  I screenshotted all of the agreements as based on current level of customer service I expect this to fail to occur.  

The question about why it took 2.5 weeks to tell me this is still outstanding. I cant get the complaints manager to call me so going to go to the independent adjudicator over the account setup, customer service, potential gdpr breach, lying to me about the cause etc etc.  I have a list.

I have now left talk talk thankfully

Ian Murphy

djbdane
Chat Champion
Message 10 of 17

I would imagine an employer who terminated your employment over matters outside of your reasonable control when you are making every effort to resolve the issues would be open to employment tribunal proceedings and I imagine wouldn't have a leg to stand on. While I can understand it's frustrating for your employer, the fact is you have no control over openreach etc and they really should be understanding. If the environment turns sour mention a tribunal, maybe if their lawyers look at it they may hold fire.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

I have 4g connection but my signal is rubbish.  I'm functioning but not great.  My manager is being patient, but I cant do all of my job over 4G

Ian Murphy
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 17

@idmurp Have you explained to your employer that the lack of internet is beyond your control? Can you/they not arrange a short-term stop gap e.g. mobile data?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to arrange for someone from the Future Fibre Team to contact you? Please can you add your full name, alternative contact number and your FTTP order number to your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

kpf61
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 17

The fact that you can't work from home due to TT failing to provide a service is appalling, esp during the current climate! I know first hand how hard it is to communicate with TT, pushed from one department to the other. The fact that you may loose your job through no fault our yours(I would question that under employment law FYI); If TT cant provide the service..walk away and switch and report it to OfCom, you are not a business you are a home worker. I would def seek further advice on this maybe from CAB.

Kevin, 30 yrs IT experience, including management and IT Tech Support

idmurp
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 17

Future fiber are unavailable on chat, I have to phone them. Have done several times.  They could not help.  

Ian Murphy
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 17

Hi idmurp,

I'm really sorry about this but you would really need to speak to the Future fibre support team, they can be contacted via the chat now button at the bottom of the Guide to Future Fibre help article, apologies again for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes