NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection has issues at roughly 10PM onwards every night without fail.

stromderwelt
First Timer
Message 12 of 12

Every night without fail at around 10-11PM onwards our internet becomes pretty much unusable. Resetting the router does not help, sometimes when I wake up in the morning the speeds have dropped to 0.1 download speed. 

Resetting the router every morning does fix this until the same time on the night again when it just becomes unusable, we never had this problem with BT so I'm not sure what is causing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days, please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 2 of 12

Yes please that would be great thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

I can sent one to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

I'm afraid I do not.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

OK thanks. Do you have another router that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Around that time every night yes, it doesn't always need a reset sometimes it is fine when I wake up but sometimes when I wake up and do a speed test it will give results of under 0.5mbps download so the router will need to be reset.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK thanks, so just to confirm, it starts at between 10pm-11pm and it stays like that until your reset the router? So if you don't reset the router in the morning does it just stay like that for the rest of the day?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

No the light stays blue on the router but the connection just becomes really bad, it's always at the same time every night in the evening around 10-11PM onward until the morning this happens. Streaming anything constant buffering and pausing, online gaming isn't possible either with the lag. Very strange.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Thanks for updating your profile

Line test is passing but I can see that there have been some disconnections. Have you noticed if the lights change on your router when he connection becomes unusable?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have added that information now.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi stromderwelt

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes