NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection

Jim Munro
Popular Poster
Message 24 of 24
  • We had fibre installed into the house by City Fibre, and that went ok. Today I tried installing the delayed new router and it is not nice connecting to the internet. All cables are correctly installed! 

I tried phoning the helpline, which was closed at 3.40pm on a Sunday. Laughably bad customer service.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jim Munro
0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Morning,

I've now been advised that the Wifi Hub 2 shouldn't have been sent as it is not compatible with your current service and that the original wifi hub router is the one that should be used. If the connection is ok when connected wired then we can offer more assistance on your wireless connection to try and resolve this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Jim Munro
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 24

Thanks for the message. Apologies I have been working all day and not had an opportunity to respond.

I will try to connect to the ethernet cable to the laptop to see what happens.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to log into the router if  I try to reconect the Wifi Hub 2. How do I do that? 

I am on holiday from tomorrow evening for a week so I may not get a chance to try these before I go away, but will do so when I return.

Regards

Jim Munro

Jim Munro
0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Morning,

The team advised that they couldn't find any issues as to why the Wifi Hub 2 won't work. Would it be possible to connect the laptop wired just to see if this teams issues is still happening? If the connection is ok when connected wired then we can offer more advice in regards to the wireless connection.

Just a thought, would it be possible to re-connect the Wifi Hub 2 then log into the router using 192.168.1.1 once logged into the router then could you click into advanced settings and change the connection type from AUTO to WAN to see if the router will then connect please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Jim Munro
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 24

Hi Michelle,

My laptop uses Microsoft Team by far the most out of our household. My wife occasionally uses Teams for her work.

Historically, we have had occasional problems with streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I have asked my work’s I.T Officer to look at whether my laptop is affecting this issue. 

Any luck on why we could not connect the new router?

Regards 

Jim Munro 
Jim Munro
0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Morning,

Is this the only device that experiences the performance issues? Are all other wireless devices ok? Does it only ever happen when using teams?

Thanks

0 Likes

Jim Munro
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 24

The laptop is wireless.  The problem arises when I am using Microsoft Teams, and I keep getting a message telling me that there is a problem with the broadband connection.

Jim Munro
0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Hello,

Apologies I didn't see this in your previous posts, I've removed this now too. I'm currently looking into this with our Future Fibre Team now to try and find out why the Wifi Hub 2 won't connect but the original wifi hub does and I will let you know as soon as I know more. 

In mean time, are you currently connected wireless when you are experiencing the performance issues?

Thanks

0 Likes

Jim Munro
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 24

I meant to add that the Order number is my Profile/personal information, and in the private notes tab.

The order number is also lower down in the message chain between us.

Jim Munro
0 Likes

Jim Munro
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 24

I have added the order number into my profile.

Jim Munro
0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Hi,

I've removed this from your post now, please let me know once you've added this to your Community Profile and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Jim Munro
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 24

The order number is REMOVED.- I will add it my Community Profile. What happens after that?

Jim Munro
0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi,

Were you provided with any order number? Please can you add this to your Community Profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Jim Munro
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 24

What is  a FTTP order number?

Jim Munro
0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Hi,

Ok. Do you have an FTTP order number? Please can you add this to your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Jim Munro
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 24

According to my account, the router software is up to date.

Jim Munro
0 Likes

Jim Munro
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 24

Do you mean the old attached router?

And how do I do that?

Jim Munro
0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Hi,

Are you able to log into the wifi hub 2 router to confirm what version of firmware is on this router please? 

Thanks

0 Likes

Jim Munro
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 24

We followed the instructions and the ethernet cable was connected to the WAN port. My son also tried pushing the reset button on the router but nothing happened.

I have run a speed check which appears ok. The issue is the signal is not stable and affecting use of Microsoft Teams. I ran a diagnostic yesterday on the line which appeared to show a fault- REP-11183106.

Jim Munro
0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Can I also just confirm, when you connected this router initially did you connect the ethernet cable to the WAN port? Did you also try factory resetting the router and then tried re-setting this up again? In regards to the connection/speed with the other wifi hub, what speeds are you seeing if you run a speed test please? 

Thanks

0 Likes

Jim Munro
Popular Poster
Message 20 of 24

As far as I can tell the new router is a Fast 5464 Talktalk Wifi Hub 2. The order number is REMOVED

The old router, which is about 18 months old looks similar but there is no obvious brand or model number on it.

Jim Munro
0 Likes