NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed equipment delivery - should I go ahead with the engineer installation?

Dustybug
Insightful One
Message 6 of 6

I have an engineer coming to my house tomorrow afternoon to install future fibre.

I phoned TalkTalk Future Fibre Team this morning as I have not yet received any equipment via the post. The lady I spoke to checked and told that there had been some mix up that was not my fault and that the equipment had been returned to TalkTalk. She then filled out a form to have equipment resent and added that I would receive a tracking number - I've not got it yet...

I asked about the engineer appointment as I don't want Future Fibre installed and my current service disconnected if I don't have the necessary equipment. My wife and I both work from home and due to living in an area with really poor mobile coverage, we rely on WiFi calling. I was told that the engineer can still install the equipment and that I won't get cut off from my current service. Does this sound right?

The email I have from TalkTalk says "During the appointment there could be a short period of downtime while the engineer installs your new Future Fibre service." so it sounds to me like there will be a switching over and my current service will get cut off.

Can anyone comment on this?

Don't you just hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you octopus.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Dustybug
Insightful One
Message 2 of 6

Ideal - thanks!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

The supplied router for fibre will also be the wifi hub. 

You can let the engineer go ahead and install fibre.  this will have an ONT (fibre connection point) inside your house, with one ethernet port.  You can connect the router via it's wan port to the ethernet port of the ONT.   I currently use an ASUS router with Full fibre but if you have the wifi HUB also, then you have a back up.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dustybug
Insightful One
Message 4 of 6

I do. It is the TalkTalk WiFi Hub that comes with what is now the Fibre 65 plan.

Long story why but it is still in the box and instead I use a "NETGEAR D7000-200UKS Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band 600 + 1300 Mbps Wireless (Wifi) VDSL/ADSL Modem Router for Phone Line Connections (BT Infinity, YouView, TalkTalk, EE and Plusnet Fibre)".

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Do you currently have a TalkTalk Router, and which model ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes