NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Wifi optimisation

mujahidur98
First Timer
Message 23 of 23

Hi,

Can you please disable wifi optimisation on my sagecom router. My personal details are all up to date, but I'm available if further details are needed.

I've been having issues where my WiFi channels under the router settings get reverted back to the default settings which I have come to understand that it is due to WiFi optimisation.

I've changed the WiFi channels to fit my needs in terms of pairing with best channel that isn't congested and fits me well, however the changes I make under the 2.4 Ghz channel and 5 Ghz channel get reverted back to default channels that are heavily congested and do not provide me with the best possible connection.

Please can I have WiFi optimisation disabled.

M.Rahman
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

mujahidur98
First Timer
Message 2 of 23

Cheers again mate; sorry again for having to make you do so much but trust me when I say this, it truly is appreciated ❤👍🏼

M.Rahman
0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Hi

Optimisation is off.

Regards,

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

mujahidur98
First Timer
Message 4 of 23

Hi Karl,

Thank you for getting back to me and answering my question, appreciated always.

I had my router replaced as I had noticed a damage on the actual router so sent that back and they sent me the same router as a replacement.

Please kindly, may I have the WiFi optimisation switched off for my new replacement router; thank you in advanced.

Also the knowledge yourself and Debbie have passed on to me has been really beneficial; my relatives/family around the country all use TalkTalk as their internet network provider so I'll pass on any new knowledge that I've gained from this forum page onto them.

Cheers.

M.Rahman
0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Hi

optimisation is turned off at the router, so would need to be turned off in the replacement router.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

mujahidur98
First Timer
Message 6 of 23

Hi, 

On the topic of learning, I wanted to ask a question. How does WiFi optimisation work on the topic of replacement routers? For example, I'm having my router replaced but the replacement router is of the same model; would I need to request for WiFi optimisation to be switched off again? Or is WiFi optimisation being switched off a more of a line situation, rather than an individual router situation? 

Would love to know more about that!

Thank you.

M.Rahman
0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

mujahidur98
First Timer
Message 8 of 23

You're doing a great job at it! I appreciate you passing the knowledge; you learn something new everyday! 

Cheers!

M.Rahman

Message 9 of 23

Hi

No Problem 🙂

There are always new things to learn when dealing with technology, and so many things change all the time, it's a full time job trying to keep up.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

mujahidur98
First Timer
Message 10 of 23

Hi Karl,

Yes I was specifically looking towards the 5Ghz channels. When the idea was presented to me by a friend with regards to being able to switch channels and find better signal that works with the entirety of your household I decided to delve into it and find a channel that worked for me.

This newfound knowledge was great for me as I was able to finally gain the best possible signal for my household allowing for both work and leisure activities to take place with ease. However when upgrading routers I found out about WiFi optimisation and how it decides the channels for you and resets your set options which was irritating but thanks to your help and Debbie's help that issue was taken care of and I was able to continue receiving the best possible signal for me.

Unfortunately I was not aware of DFS, I'd like to apologise for that, I never knew that 5Ghz channels would sometimes automatically switch if they are found interfering with the frequencies of emergency services. I would never knowingly tinker with the router settings causing for issues to take place for emergency services.

As you are aware, due to covid circumstances working and studying at home has become somewhat of a norm these days so there is a heavy reliance on good internet connectivity for work and study; now that I'm aware of DFS I'll end the discussion at that. I'm sorry again.

Thanks.

M.Rahman
0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Hi

Optimisation is off currently.  Are you looking at the 5Ghz channels. Are you aware of DFS - Dynamic Frequency Selection where a channel range in the 5Ghz band will auto switch if it is found to be on a channel that can interfere with frequencies used by emergency services ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

mujahidur98
First Timer
Message 12 of 23

Hi, 

A month or 2 ago I was having issues regarding WiFi optimisation; specifically the setting rearranging my WiFi channels causing me to receive the worst signals and connectivity.

It was checked by Debbie and Karl from the community who switched off this setting for me allowing for my channels to stay saved as how I managed them as, rather than my WiFi channels being reset by this setting. I was grateful for the help I received but during this month I've been receiving lacklustre connectivity and signals which seemed quite odd as things were smooth sailing after Karl and Debbie switched off the WiFi optimisation setting. However I recently went into my channel settings and saw that my channels were reset to a worse signaled channels causing me to receive said bad signals and lack lustre connectivity.

Please, can someone look into this for me. Internet is a must in my household as my workbase is online so having my WiFi channels being reset due to this WiFi optimisation setting is really causing me immense issues.

Once again, I'd like to apologise for bringing this issue up again but please can the WiFi optimisation setting be switched off for me if somehow it's not already.

Thank you inadvanced.

M.Rahman
0 Likes

Message 13 of 23
0 Likes

mujahidur98
First Timer
Message 14 of 23

Thank you Debbie!

M.Rahman

Message 15 of 23

Hi mujahidur98

I have posted on your other topic on the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Hi mujahidur98

I've checked and the WIFI optimisation is showing as switched off.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Hi Karl,

Update on the WiFi optimisation issue - the issue is still there, my wifi channels are being changed back to default. Any changes I make to the 2.4 Ghz channel and 5 Ghz channel get changed back into default settings which is pretty jarring.

Please kindly could you check it again and see if you could do anything else to disable Wi-Fi optimisation permanently, I'd truly appreciate it a lot.

Cheers.

M.Rahman
0 Likes

mujahidur98
First Timer
Message 18 of 23

Hi Karl,

Update on the WiFi optimisation issue - the issue is still there, my wifi channels are being changed back to default. Any changes I make to the 2.4 Ghz channel and 5 Ghz channel get changed back into default settings which is pretty jarring.

Please kindly could you check it again and see if you could do anything else to disable Wi-Fi optimisation permanently, I'd truly appreciate it a lot.

Cheers.

M.Rahman
0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hi, Karl

Thank you so so much for taking the time to take care of this for me. It became an annoyance having to change my WiFi channels over and over again because of WiFi optimisation changing back everything I did.

I will test it out today and update you on everything. Thank you again.

Cheers.

M.Rahman
0 Likes

mujahidur98
First Timer
Message 20 of 23

Hi, Karl

Thank you so so much for taking the time to take care of this for me. It became an annoyance having to change my WiFi channels over and over again because of WiFi optimisation changing back everything I did.

I will test it out today and update you on everything. Thank you again.

Cheers

M.Rahman
0 Likes