NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EERO PRO 6 - Speed halved

Finndiesell
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 5

Hi all,

I had future fibre 500 installed last week. I have setup the EERO PRO 6, immediately from the get go I am getting a max 200mbps over wired connection and on wireless. Eero is reporting 527mbps download into it. To check it wasn't just the EERO, I tested with my previous talktalk router from sagemcom. This is also giving similar speeds. As I say this is direct connection and I expect to get 500mbps wired. Can anyone advise? Looking on eero reddit it could be the software. But as I am experiencing similar speeds across two routers there seems to be something more at play. Thank you in advance.

Finn
4 REPLIES 4

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Message 1 of 5

Great work Ferguson

Thanks for letting us know Finn and glad you've got great Internet now

Hopefully your wireless picks up too

I am a customer just like you. I'll try to help based on my experiences over the years getting issues sorted out in my TalkTalk services!
0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Spot on the money. Grabed a CAT6 cable from work and went EERO to device. Now getting 470mbps. Feel very stupid but appreciate you pointing it out!

Thank you.

Finn

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

@Finndiesell Is the ethernet cable between your eero and wired device rated to at least CAT5e?

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 5

some experts will be along soon, but as I understand it, FTTP speed reporting/testing works differently to FTTC connections

As far as I've understood - the 500 is the 'potential' for your line, but in general use, unless the connection is pushed a lot, you may not be using the 500 potential.

I've also seen on other broadband forums (not talktalk) that the speed tester you use might impact on your results 

If what I've said above is true, it would be useful for members / staff to let us know how to monitor our FTTP connections in a useful way

I am a customer just like you. I'll try to help based on my experiences over the years getting issues sorted out in my TalkTalk services!