NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EERO the worst junk ever..

badmood
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 12

Nothing but trouble from the start , been trying for ages to connect items to my wifi, nothing works, yes my connection is faster now but the wifi is a joke, eeros box is junk, my printer will not connect to wifi, my open spot 3 will not connect to wifi , and my hotspot will not connect to wifi ??. 

i do not pay to just be able to brows the net i want to connect my items ..

Where do i go for help ?. everything worked great before the upgrade , now i have a stupid looking eero box that is no good to man nor beast ..

Why will my items not connect ??.. why are they blocked ??. Been reading other forums and lots of people are having problems with this eeros junk ..

Help needed please...

11 REPLIES 11

crazyal
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 12

At the other end of the spectrum I am totally impressed with the 2 x Eero 6 Pro devices I have.

I simply renamed the Eero Wi-fi network the same as my old one and all my smart bulbs, plugs and Alexa devices connected without issue.

The Eero device that is plugged into the fibre has a 5 port Ethernet hub plugged into the 2nd port on the back - that is how I feed my TV/consoles with Ethernet so top speed all the way 🙂

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 12

I totally agree with you @djbdane. Apparently though, you can configure the Eero via the app over Bluetooth, so I have been told.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

there is no web based interface to the eero - and looking on their blogs it's something they have no plans of implementing. Seems like a major oversight not to have 'legacy mode' on by default - luckily my mobile does connect via WiFi 6 so I didn't even know this was an issue - once you're in however, there isn't a legacy mode to switch on devices just connect normally even if not on WiFi6

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 12

Yes.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Yes it has 2 ports , so i can attach a network cable to one port ?. just like a router ?. 

many thanks..

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Morning,

There are 2 ports on the back of the eero.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 12

The Eero does have a LAN port I think.

Keith

0 Likes

badmood
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 12

Received an update seems to have fixed my printer , and hotspot , openspot 3 struggles but does now connects ?. , still testing , Only 1 eeros everything connecting by wifi, can i  hard wire it with a network cable ?, or do i need other hardware ?.

thanks to all for the replies ..

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 9 of 12

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

That is very interesting, so if your device running the app does not support WiFi 6 in the first place, it won't connect to the Eero's WiFi & you can't enable legacy mode.

Does it have a web-based management system where you could enable this from say an Ethernet connected PC?

Keith

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 12

Hello,

How many eeros do you have? Which devices are you unable to connect?

Problems connecting a device to eero

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @badmood that's a pain, does anything  connect wifi?Does  anything connect wired? Do your ssid and passwords match? Are issues with 2.4 or 5 ? Anyway I've escalated your post so you should hear tomorrow 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.