NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero 6 'incompatible' with Future FIbre/City Fibre ONT?

andyb12
Team Player
Message 41 of 41

Our internet stopped working randomly yesterday morning, with the main eero displaying a red light. When I reset it and tried to connect it back to the network (via the ONT and eero app), I kept getting an error saying there's a problem with the ethernet cable. Unsurprisingly, switching eeros and ethernet cables around leads to the same issue. ONT lights are all green and TT & City Fibre support say there's nothing they can 'see' at their end. Perhaps most tellingly though is there's no internet coming from the ONT ethernet port when connected directly to a desktop PC.

Perhaps also unsurprising, TT's tech support is very lack lustre. Yesterday's solution was to send a new eero out as the ones I've got are clearly broken...which I'm not holding my breath for it working. And today's tech support, whilst being a bit more helpful, concluded with a colleague, that the eero 6 is 'incompatible' with the ONT and are sending out a WiFi Hub.

Honestly miffed and bemused.

1) The Future Fibre deals at present are sold with the eero devices included - so is it actually incompatible or is it an easy get out for the agent?

And 2) why is there no internet coming from the ethernet port to the desktop, despite the ONT lights being green?

Any wisdom is truly welcome.

I'd be surprised if eero's are terminal for a Future Fibre connection...if so folks...beware 😅

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40

Message 1 of 41

Hi,

Ok and I'm sorry to hear this. I've received confirmation that you should be contacted today.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 41

Thanks, neither of these worked.

I look forward to a discussion over the phone.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 41

Morning,

We've made some changes. Would you mind retesting with the eero again now and confirm if this is now working please. If it is not then could you power down the ONT and eero and then retest again please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 41

Hi Michelle

Since updating this message forum on Wednesday, I have not had a single call from TT as to 1) what exactly the problem is, 2) what's been done to sort it and 3) any time frames for resolution.

I appreciate that you have made the effort in this forum, however, my ongoing experience of TT support has truly been woeful.

As we approach the three week mark of no internet and no contact from TT to discuss this matter, I hope we can get this resolved promptly.

To draw a line under this saga, we're prepared to give TT till 12:00 on Wednesday to fully resolve this issue. Failing that, we'll be terminating the contract and will challenge any early termination fee on the grounds that TT are not upholding their end of the contract. 

I look forward to hearing from TT, by telephone.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 41

Hi Michelle

Any update at all? Again, still not heard a single thing from TT.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 41

Hi,

I'm really sorry and frustrated that you still haven't been contacted. Leave this with me.

Thanks

Message 7 of 41

Appreciate you following this up, Michelle.

But nothing heard from TT. Throughout these 3 weeks, I've not had a single call from TT to discuss.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 41

Hi,

Have you been contacted since my last post?

Thanks

Message 9 of 41

Given the length of time this has taken, can I expect a phone call today? A complete resolution this week?

Afterall, the problem has never changed since 23 May, but TT processes, comms and troubleshooting has been poor.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 41

Thanks. Appreciate that.

I was also told by an agent on Sat 4 Jun that CF would be calling this week to arrange an engineer/fix the issue. I'm assuming this too hasn't come to anything and fallen through - I've yet to hear anything?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 41

Hi,

Usually when we escalate they are usually picked up quite quickly. I've contacted the team now and also asked them to confirm to me directly once they have made contact so I can chase this too.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 41

Thanks again Michelle.

And any reason why it's fallen through so many times, taken so long to get it sorted and required me to chase up?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 41

Hi,

We have a specific Future Fibre escalation team that we can contact internally to request that you are contacted.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 41

Thanks Michelle. I look forward to hearing from them.

However, I don't hold my breath.

I was told it was 'escalated' on:

• Thur 26 May
  • Fri 27 May
  • Thur 2 Jun

Why is this time any different? And again, what does it even mean to 'escalate'?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 41

Morning,

Sorry for the delay. The team confirmed that they have picked this up and will make contact ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 41

Thanks Michelle, and again, appreciate the responsiveness.

However, what exactly does it mean to 'escalate' it. I was told on Friday 27 May by 'Tom' that it was escalated. Only for me to call back on Thur  2 Jun to be told by the agent that no one had replied to a CF note from 30 May. Seems like 'escalation' is a word used to placate the customer without any meaningful change in the real world.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 41

Hi,

I've re-escalated this again now and have asked that the team contact you ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 41

Honestly Michelle, after over 5hrs on calls with your team, I have absolutely no idea what's happening with it, whether CF have actually been contacted, or how this is getting resolved. Frankly, you are the most responsive person I've come across.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 41

Hi,

I'm really sorry about this. The team acknowledged our escalation and confirmed they would investigate this, so I'm really sorry that you haven't been contacted. Have the complaints team been in touch and are they now managing this for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 41

They didn't. It's always been me having to contact FF to check progress/clarify things. In all, it's resulted in an executive complaint.

0 Likes