NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero Pro 6 poor range

marksamo
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

I'm on Future Fibre 500, received an Eero Pro 6 with my contract but the wifi range is so poor...

I live in a small 2 bedroom flat, the Eero is in my bedroom in the corner of the flat where the wifi is being used the most. It works just fine in this room getting 400+ Mbps, but if I leave the room and walk just a few meters away into the kitchen the connection quickly drops to under 50 Mbps and in the front room right next to the kitchen it's pretty much non existant, barely pushing 10 Mbps download with upload speed test completely failing and connection dropping constantly.

I read about Total Home Wifi, but it seems to only be available to Openreach customers? I'm with CityFibre.

Is there anything TalkTalk can do about this? Do I have to pay for another Eero or can they provide me a second one for free?

5 REPLIES 5

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 6

Other than that @Macready1982, if you want to create your own thread & let me know the address of it, I can help you now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

As above, @Macready1982, the first port of call for support is the Future Fibre team.

Forum staff are not on here at weekends. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Macready1982
First Timer
Message 3 of 6

I am having the same problem...220mbps over WiFi if you are directly next to the gateway eero..

10 yards away and you are down to 50mbps and that's fibre500 got in touch with the fibre team and they did nothing to help at all...i upgraded from 65 mb but I am not seeing any improvement since installation 3 days ago

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results, so as I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd recommend contacting the Future Fibre Team so they can look into this further for you. There is the option to Live Chat at the bottom of the page.

Your Future Fibre Support Hub

Thanks

0 Likes