NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero Routers

RJUK123
Participant
Message 10 of 10

Hi all,

I just wondered if you get to keep the Eero routers at the end of the contract?

I went for the 900 fibre, because it came with an additional router, but I'm now wondering if you even get to keep it at the end?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

My understanding is that full fibre packages via CityFibre's network are not currently eero enabled and as a result TalkTalk customers will receive a Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

I have already bought two Eero Pros from CEX. They are both working but the app has started to show TalkTalk branding and subsequently Eero support have confirmed that both serials are registered against TalkTalk. I am still in my return period so I think I will just return them as it is not worth the risk. I thought maybe the extra features would be worth it but my Eero Pro 5's are pretty solid (I just run them in bridge mode) so I'll probably just stick with those. I am about to get CityFibre in the next few weeks so maybe I'll just end up with them that route if I choose TalkTalk as an ISP.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

TalkTalk said that TalkTalk supplied free-issue eero 6's will be disabled if not used on an eero enabled package. This indicates that even TalkTalk customers may have such eeros disabled if not used on an eero enabled package.  An eero purchased outright from TalkTalk is not going to get disabled. This suggests to me that eero serial numbers are collected to identify free-issue vs purchased eeros.

Appropriate here to say "buyer beware". The eero 6 / eero Pro 6 and its serial number needs to be registered to an Account before use. Transfer of ownership requires a new Account to be registered. The eero Terms and Conditions, section 10, indicates that eero may suspend or terminate rights of access if eero in good faith believes that you wrongfully acquired an eero Device.

You going to buy an eero originally supplied free-issue by TalkTalk?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

It is the seller's responsibility to ensure that the goods they sell are fit for purpose. If not, you have an absolute right to a refund under Consumer Law. 

Message 5 of 10

Because they are unlikely to know. A TalkTalk forum is likely to know. It's not eBay in this case but CEX.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 10

@badsimian Why don't you ask your potential eBay seller? 

0 Likes

badsimian
First Timer
Message 7 of 10

Do Talk Talk disable Eeros that are not being used with TalkTalk? There are a lot on sale on eBay that are TalkTalk ones. They aren't locked per-se, they will work with any ISP I believe, especially if just in bridge mode but I want to know if they would get remotely locked?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 10

Hi RJUK123 

You may keep the router(s) / mesh networking device sent to you at the start of service with TalkTalk, because that's what Terms & Conditions say, so long as those devices haven't been swapped out by TalkTalk and you complete the contract. But why would you want to keep a device that's locked to TalkTalk as it's not going to be usable with another ISP? 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi

All equipment has to be returned if you are leaving TalkTalk, unless you purchased any equipment yourself from the online store etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes