NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero not connecting to internet during setup on app

laurenbones
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi, I had an engineer come to me yesterday to help set up my Eero 6 but i’ve not been able to connect to the internet since. 

App says ‘your eero 6 can’t reach the internet’. i’ve phone talk talk twice and they just tell me to wait but I work from home so really need this resolving. 

I also haven’t received a ‘gone live’ email or any account details? I’m a new talktalk member. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 4

There have been other people with a similar issue, see this thread where @djbdane imparted some very useful information on this:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Future-Fibre/EERO-6-app-saying-it-was-offline-but-it-wasn-t-A-he... 

"After a bit of tweeting it became clear the functioning of the app is dependant on EERO services running OK - and indeed it seems there was issues at EERO.  You don't have to be connected to the WiFi to access the EERO details on the app, you can do this via any network so thinking about it this should have been obvious - the EERO talks to EERO services."

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

ColinK98
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 4

also for testing you should be able to plug a laptop directly into the Openreach ONT and if its working it will pick up an IP address.
the Eero is doing exactly the same thing.

Keep pushing and if you get another Openreach Engineer attend site, have them plug in their own laptop for testing.
Rather than them looking at the Eero and saying they don't support them or understand how they do/don't work.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

What are the lights on the ONT indicating?

0 Likes