NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero router or 'standard' black router?

klat_klat
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

I had Future Fibre 150 installed last week and was sent a white Eero router...thingy.

My neighbour in same block of flats ordered Future Fibre 150 at the same time as me and they were sent a black talk talk sage com router.

Which should be the right one?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi,

I understand. If your neighbour specifically would like an eero then I'd recommend your neighbour contacting the Future Fibre Team directly to see if this is something they can look into.

Thanks

0 Likes

klat_klat
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 9

Thanks, I have had no issues with eero so far but my neighbour seems a bit annoyed they didn't get the same thing as apparently its 'better' - I am clueless!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi,

I couldn't comment on what equipment your neighbour has received.

The eero is a mesh solution so you can add additional eeros to the set up if you needed to improve/extend the wireless signal. If you needed to extend the wireless performance on a wifi hub then powerline adapters would be required.

I couldn't say which is better as all set ups are individual and affected by different factors. I use a wifi hub in my home on a 80mb connection and have never had any issues with the performance wired/or wireless and I live over 3 stories. I've never tested eero but I've heard great things about it and the capability to filter content/create guest networks/etc. There are more options to change router settings using eero and the eero also comes with an app.

I hope this helps 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

klat_klat
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 9

We both ordered the exact same package, on the same day in fact...so that doesnt really clear it up..

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 9

You get the one most appropriate to your package.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

klat_klat
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 9

Hi, well we live in flats and there already is an openreach ont so I understand that. My question is why have we been sent different pieces of equipment and which one is better to use?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Morning,

Thanks @KeithFrench 🙂

As advised both the eero or the Sagemcom wifi hub can be used with Future Fibre (FTTP) as long as their is an ONT installed by the engineer. Are you experiencing any issues with the connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

The Eero is one unit of a Mesh system (you have to buy more if you want them) the Sagemcom is one of the current Wi-Fi hubs. If your Fire 150 is G.Fast then you will be able to use a Sagemcom without an additional router. If your service is fibre to the premises (FTTP) aka future fibre, then you will need an Openreach ONT modem, which will be supplied to you & either router will work. I would think that if you want a different router to the Eero you have been supplied with, then that would be at your own cost.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes