NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP 900 only getting 700

pumbaza
First Timer
Message 16 of 16

Was on BT and moved across to TalkTalk as they were 20 odd quid cheaper a month

Through EEERO or Asus router I cant get more than 760MBPS

I connect laptop to the ONT directly I get 1.1GBPS as I used to with BT

Any ideas?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

It's advertised as 1gbps and when I had it as just as a WiFi setup and my BT router doing therouting it got 930 most times, but given up worrying... 

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 16

The Eero 6 max throughput is 900mbps so very unlikely you will get this speed at the devices. The router has to handle data overheads, firewalls, etc which reduces throughput.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

OK thanks. I'm not sure what to suggest, as the speeds are within the acceptable range I'm afraid this wouldn't been seen as a fault.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

5 minutes before the OpenReach Engineer changed my ONT from the Huawei one to the NOKIA one that you guys needed him to isntall. So yeah very recently as I wanted to compare

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Could I ask when the last time was that you ran a speed test on your BT service? Did you run a speed test shortly before moving to us?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

How does the exact same FTTP line go from over 900 to battling to get 700? 😞 Only things thats changed is the ONT and its being moved to TalkTalk from BT?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

OK, I see what you mean. You could try speaking to the Future Fibre team again but if the speeds are within the predicted range then there's probably little that we can do unfortunately

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Pages can only load so fast. But for work when I move massive project files around from home to the office etc I need the full speed and the extra 20MBps makes a massive difference on a 2-300gb file 😞

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

I'm sorry that throughput speeds are lower than expected, are you experiencing any performance issues, slow webpages, buffering, pixelation when streaming?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

I did on Friday and was told its normal as its between 700 and 900 even though its advertised at 900+ for average speeds.

pretty disappointing tbh and I feel like cancelling already

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

OK thanks. I don't know why the speed would be lower through the router, if you could contact our Future Fibre team they may be able to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

I have tried both my personal PC, personal laptop, Fiance's work and personal laptop as well as EERO speedtest on the eero app itself. All the same 680-750

3 laptops directly into the ONT so no router at all, 900-1.1gbps every single test. 

BT I would get 950-1.1gbps on every device in any room. EERO even said that it was at full 955mbps when I had it plugged in a a bridge to use on BT

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 16

Hi pumbaza,

Do you see similar speeds on other device (other than your laptop)?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Hi. This is via cabled. My entiore house is cabled in every room. The EERO itself is battling to get passed 700mbps on its test. 

Ive now tried 5 routers, plus the eero and they all give the same issue.

I plug my laptop into the ONT directly and it gives me 1.1gbps (which is what I was getting anywhere on any device with BT)

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Morning,

Can I just confirm, if you run a wired speed test with the router, what speeds do you see?

Thanks

0 Likes