NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Free Upgrade

FreddyFibre
Participant
Message 25 of 25

Can someone help please?

Over three months ago I received an email request from TalkTalk to phone for a free fttp upgrade.

I did this, and subsequently have had two Future Fibre 150 and two Openreach Engineers appointments orders mysteriously cancelled. 2 lost days off work, an understair cupboard emptied for 2 months waiting for a new fibre cable.

Numerous phone calls/call backs getting misleading information and empty promises.

I have the original Future Fibre 150 order email confirmation that TalkTalk have failed to honour.

I have a open complaints ticket but TalkTalk just can't get things right and even when on numerous occasions, I insist they call me back on my mobile, they still persist to call back on my landline when I'm not at home.

An agent said I have 'Stuck Orders' in my account and IT Dept were dealing with it. That was a month ago.

Appalling customer service so I now resort to TalkTalk Community for answers.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Thank you. 

The FTTP order was cancelled. 

Sorry that you are leaving.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

To make this perfectly clear, I have had enough of TalkTalk.

My package Fibre 35 expires April 2023. At that point, I intend to move away from long term fibre contracts and use a gigabit  mobile LTE SIM router with 1 month rolling contract.

For 3 months TalkTalk have messed me about with numerous stuck orders. Every time an order became stuck, they asked me to contact their full fibre team to reorder. If you think my posts are confusing for other customers, then believe me,  to this day, I am still completely bamboozled !

And yes, I did request that Talk Talk refrain from harassing me.

Hours and hours of phone calls, live chats, 3 separate days waiting for an openreach engineer that never appeared.

I've had enough of TalkTalk abysmal CS.

Good luck to those that were successful in obtaining a full fibre upgrade, and if the Virgin Media bid for TalkTalk goes ahead, then I truly hope that CS is improved.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

To make this perfectly clear, I have had enough of TalkTalk.

My package Fibre 35 expires April 2023. At that point, I intend to move away from long term fibre contracts and use a gigabit  mobile LTE SIM router with 1 month rolling contract.

For 3 months TalkTalk have messed me about with numerous stuck orders. Every time an order became stuck, they asked me to contact their full fibre team to reorder. If you think my posts are confusing for other customers, then believe me,  to this day, I am still completely bamboozled !

And yes, I did request that Talk Talk refrain from harassing me.

Hours and hours of phone calls, live chats, 3 separate days waiting for an openreach engineer that never appeared.

I've had enough of TalkTalk abysmal CS.

Good luck to those that were successful in obtaining a full fibre upgrade, and if the Virgin Media bid for TalkTalk goes ahead, then I truly hope that CS is improved.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 25

@ferguson, is it not the case that that is what @FreddyFibre ordered the time before the time before,  sort of thing......?

After being let down so many times, my understanding is that @FreddyFibre doesn't want anything to do with Talktalk's offerings till further notice. 

@FreddyFibre, could you possibly confirm, so as to be absolutely clear for anybody coming in at this end of the thread?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 25

@FreddyFibre I am a wee bit confused here, that appears to be what you ordered according to Message 8?

@Ganger This looks to be completely different from your issue, which I can see you have now raised in a topic of your own. 

0 Likes

Ganger
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 25

I too received an out of date email yesterday exactly as you did. Expecting this to be a scam I contacted live chat and after a very long conversation ( 30 Minutes) was assured it was not a scam and my Fibre 35 contract would not change. But I am not holding my breath as it would not be the first time TalkTalk has changed my contract without my knowledge.

FreddyFibre
Participant
Message 8 of 25

I have received a email dated 15/7/22 confirming an order for Fibre 150 and Voice Package £25/mth + £9.95  Equipment Delivery charge. An order that I DID NOT ASK FOR!

My last order go live date 7/7/22 did not materialise as with the three previous orders.

Can you please remove this order from your system as I DO NOT WISH for any further harassment from TalkTalk. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Sorry I can see that you have been called since my post. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

No!!!???!!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25
0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

It's Mon 4th July 2022, over 4 months since I was offered Future Fibre upgrade fttp.

Go Live date is Thurs.7th July 2022. No text, No confirmation of engineer's appointment, No Eero 6 mesh package delivered. No updates in My Account.

It's not looking promising, is it???

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25
0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Just to let you know, I used live chat and phone today to progress my upgrade to Fibre 150. Guess what?

This order is stuck, so I won't be going live on 07/07/2022 ! Instead, they've escalated the issue (again) I should expect a text message informing me of the progress in about 5 days time.

So many others on here with stuck orders.

What is going on with your order system?

It's now 4 months for me !!!

TalkTalk Future Fibre?

When in the Future will customers with 'stuck orders'  actually get Future Fibre?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Went on live chat and phone to check the progress of my upgrade to Fibre 150.

Guess what? The order is stuck and TalkTalk have escalated the issue, I might expect a text message in 5 days. So, here we go again, this is the 4th attempt since March 2022 and I am told the Go Live date of 07/07/2022 will be rescheduled.

Whats going on with your order system?

Lots of other customers on here with stuck orders. For me, it's now 4 month with NO PRO

0 Likes

FreddyFibre
Participant
Message 16 of 25

Arne-TalkTalk

Would you believe I received 33, yes 33 identical email confirmations  c/w pdf contractual agreements for my Fibre 150 order ! 

Let's see what happens in due course. 

I am somewhat sceptical about the outcome.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25
0 Likes

FreddyFibre
Participant
Message 18 of 25

Arne-TalkTalk

Because I wasn't getting anywhere on here or by phone (UK help)  I decided to re order via onllne chat to South Africa and negotiated a deal. Fibre 150 £25/mth 12mth contract with an extra eero mesh thrown in.

I have 33 email notifications, and saved the chat transcript.

Whether or not the upgrade order transpires is another question.

Bearing in mind, stuck and  cancelled orders, three failed Openreach appointments over nearly 4 months, this is nothing that TalkTalk should be proud of.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Hi FreddyFibre

The stuck order looks to have been cleared and the install date shows as 07.07.22.

Have you received any notifications?

0 Likes

FreddyFibre
Participant
Message 20 of 25

Thanks

Account Number is now added to my profile.

0 Likes