NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP not available

baltutis
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

My contact will end within few months and have plans to upgrade current Fibre65 to Fibre500 or Fibre900.

Unfortunately TalkTalk website show broadband not available in my street. Over phone and webchat also received same information - FTTP not available.

Around 2019 or 2020 we received letter from Openreach, where stated that 1Gbps FTTP activated in our street.

BT started sell FTTP packages immediately, and rest ISP providers started sell FTTP packages since end of 2021.

So today I can get FTTP from BT, Sky, Vodafone, Shell Energy, but there not possible to get services from TalkTalk.

Very strange.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming and I'm sorry to hear this. It would be worth checking the My Account offers and upgrades section intermittently to see if this has updated. Would you like us to look at your current speeds for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I contacted by phone, but unfortunately no one know when FTTP available in my street. Also no one can explain why other ISP offer FTTP connection even today, but TalkTalk - not. I believe TalkTalk will never introduce own network in my area, and current problem just miscommunication between TalkTalk and Openreach, or TalkTalk databases are outdated. Hopefully TalkTalk will sort this problem until my contract expire on November 2022. Unfortunately Fibre65 already "too slow" for me. New technologies require more speed. Current 50Mbps too slow for our family.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Morning,

Have you been in contact with the Sales Team directly as they should be able to provide more information on this and as to when this might be available.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Infrastructure? Every ISP mostly use Openreach infrastructure. Please explain what you mean under "Infrastructure". TalkTalk Agreements with Openreach, o TalkTalk want introduce own network?

In my case current TalkTalk Fibre65 service connected to Openreach cabinet, which was fully upgraded for FTTP services. At this moment TalkTalk website shows broadband services not available for my address. My TalkTalk Fibre65 active since November 2017, but clearly display - service not available. How it is possible? 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

We are rolling out FTTP services to new areas all the time but cannot give an estimate for any area specifically. When our infrastructure is installed at your exchange then FTTP services can be provided.

Have a chat with our FTTP Sales Teams and see if they are able to offer further advice.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/FutureFibre/bd-p/FutureFibre

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes