NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast fibre installation I did not request

Sbeck
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi I hope someone can help as I have been on hold on the phone and waiting for over 2 hours on the live chat to speak with an agent regarding emails and text messages for fast fibre installation. I have not requested this. My current package is fibre 65 with contract end date 2023. I have received an email welcoming me to fast fibre with a contract length of 24 months. I also have received a text message detailing that an engineer will be required access to my house on the 1/4/22 to drill a hole through the wall to the exterior. I have had no correspondence with talk talk regarding this upgrade. City fibre have been in the area over the past couple of weeks but no one has approached my door and I definitely haven't agreed to any installation or upgrade. The lack of customer support to solve this issue or even to provide basic information on how this came to be is appalling. Can someone please provide any info on why this seems to a be a common thread in the forum and how will this issue be resolved. 

Miss Stephanie Beckett
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Sbeck

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number. (We cant locate an account with a mobile number)

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

@Sbeck A number of customers have been reporting these unsolicited upgrades. These have been reported to the community management team and they have told us that it it is being looked into. Hopefully the support team can clarify your own position soon. 

0 Likes

Sbeck
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

Today I received the below email from city fibre: 

"Hi

We are CityFibre and are working on behalf of TalkTalk to upgrade customers to Full Fibre broadband.

We had scheduled an appointment to upgrade your broadband service on 01/04/2022 but unfortunately, we’re now unable to make that date. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience. 

We would like to reschedule this appointment and have allocated you the next available slot on:

11/04/2022 between 08:00-13:00

Once again, apologies for the need to reschedule your appointment and thank you for your understanding."

Will this full fibre upgrade cost customers more money in the long run?

Is it necessary to continue to use my current package? Or have I been inadvertently signed up for a 24month package which will cost me more in monthly payments than the agreed amount of my current package?

I'm also rather concerned that a third party has access to my contact information and home address (essentially inviting someone to my home) without prior consultation with myself from talk talk as their customer. 

Can someone from the talk talk team please contact me regarding these queries. 

Thank you. 

Miss Stephanie Beckett
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Sbeck I've escalated your post sorry I cannot give you an answer. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes