NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 500 - Eero 6 pro? More like Eero 6 no!

Zag72
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

My tale of woe! Grab a cuppa. If you are here because you are thinking of joining Talktalk - please, please dont! Wait until there are positive things posted in these forums, because right now, its a mess.

09/11/21 - Fibre 500 go live date, but haven't received a router. I call and get informed one will be sent out immediately. Asked to use a laptop as a temporary router in the interim. This gives a max 8 connections and flaky connectivity! Fortunately I only had to use this for a day.

10/11/21 – 2 routers turned up. Not an eero 6 pro as expected but a Huwawei and a Sagemcom. Not a modern wifi 6 router, but an old wifi 5 and an even older wifi 5 router 😕 Nevertheless, I do have wifi. Wifi 5 though, and not 'The Future of Fibre' wifi 6! 

11/11/21 @ 9:55 - called to query the whereabouts of the Eero 6 pro router. Informed an Eero pro 6 would be sent out and delivered within 5 days.

16/11/21 - Eero pro 6 still not delivered. I call again, got put on hold for 5 minutes then informed an Eero pro 6 will be delivered within 5 days.

23/11/21 - Eero pro 6 still not delivered. I call again and get the usual - put on hold for 5 minutes, they say they will send another Eero pro 6 (to delivered within 5 days) and a returns bag in case original one turns up.

02/12/21 - Eero pro 6 still not delivered (I got the returns bag though). I call again. Informed it has been escalated. Someone will call me back to give me an update.

09/12/21 - Eero pro 6 still not delivered. I never received the call back I was promised either! I call again - got put on hold for 5 minutes then informed something doesn't seem right on my account (no kidding!). Put on hold a further 10 minutes! Informed that their system shows that an order says delivered. We both check the tracking number on yodel website but when entering my postcode, the yodel tracking system says 'sorry that postcode does not match our records'. So where did it go? They couldn't tell me. Apologized for inconvenience and said they would send another one out that day to be delivered within 5 days.

15/12/21 - still no Eero pro 6. I call again, explaining the history (5 times now I have been told one will be sent out to me), get put on the customary hold - 10 minutes this time, probably as there is a now a fair bit to review. Said there is no tracking on the system and will send me another one and a returns bag. Beginning to think I am stuck in some nightmare talktalk time loop? Asked why he will be any different to the previous 5 people promising me exactly the same thing? Said he will personally call me back on 17/12 to update. We'll see!

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Looks like someone pressed the enter key! Glad it's all sorted!

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Morning,

Thank you for the update and apologies for the initial delays that you experienced. Please let us know how your connection compares.

Thanks

0 Likes

Zag72
First Timer
Message 3 of 6

UPDATE: Well I'm astounded. My eero 6 pro arrived today. Persistence is the key, it appears! A few things happened in the space of a day which seems to suggest TalkTalk's systems and processes may be finally working....

- I received various welcome emails - with info that I should have had a month ago

- My Fibre 500 account became active - previously it contained just old expired ASDL info

- I got the router shipment notified in my account.

I can finally be at peace.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you add your FTTP order number to your Community Profile and we can pass this over to the Future Fibre Team and ask for you to be contacted directly. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes